New Character: Komaru Naegi

Sorry if Komaru comes off a little OOC, it's been a while since I've played UDG.

Comment here with any requests!

How You Met/Got To Know Her

You come from a family all in STEM careers. Your mom is an environmental scientist, and your dad is a microbiologist, and they raised you and your younger sister to always look at the world through an analytical lens.

You and your sister both wanted to follow in your parents' footsteps, so you poured a lot of time in mastering your favorite STEM branch- chemistry. You've always had a fascination with the subject, and you took to learning it really quickly and surpassed your grade level in science.

The day you were invited to join Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Chemist, your parents threw you a party since even though your family is full of intelligent minds, only one of them have ever attended Hope's Peak before you (your grandfather whose title was the Ultimate Biologist). Your sister asked you to let them know she was available if they wanted to recruit her, and you agreed before setting off for your new school.

At Hope's Peak you made many awesome friends and met other talented young scientists like you. One of your good friends happens to be your class's lucky student, Makoto. He's a nice dude who fit in really well with your social circle.

A month into the school year, you received an email telling you that you were getting a new student. You had no idea who it was until Makoto mentioned that his sister Komaru was joining the school in the class below you. Turns out she had a special gift- she could speak to the dead.

You never believed in ghosts or anything supernatural, so you were surprised the school would allow talents of that caliber (you said the same thing when you met Hiro for the first time). When you introduced yourself to Komaru (dubbed the Ultimate Medium) she was just as friendly as Makoto described, and was happy to answer any questions you had about her talent. As you got to know her, you found yourself charmed by her personality, and freaked out a little- having a crush was super foreign to you- let alone crushing on someone who could speak to the fucking dead.

You mulled over whether or not to pursue her, but you actually made up your mind to ask her out when you remembered a prediction that Hiro had sprung on you once- that you and Makoto would be family one day. You thought he was trying to set you up with Makoto at the time, but you threw caution to the wind and decided that Hiro meant that you were meant to be with Komaru, not Makoto. So you put on your big boy/girl/enby pants, and psyched yourself up to ask out the (as you called her) ghost girl.

Asking Her Out

"How do I do it, though?"

"Just ask her, man! She'll say yes for sure."

"What if she doesn't?" You snuck a quick glance at the Naegi girl.

"She will! For serious." Hiro assured you. "My predictions are right thirty percent of the time after all.

I don't have the heart to tell him those are terrible odds. You thought to yourself, swallowing a lump in your throat.

"Okay Hiro, but if you're wrong, then I'm predicting broken crystal ball in your future." You declared.

"Wrong about what?"

You jumped at the sound of Komaru's voice directly behind you.

"K-Komaru!" You turned to face her, plastering a smile onto your face. "Just the woman I wanted to see."

"Good luck!" Hiro said before scurrying off. You pinched the bridge of your nose, making a note to kill the fortune teller in his sleep later.

"What's he wishing you good luck for?" Komaru inquired.