AU- You Die in the Killing Game (All Male Characters)

Set-Up: In an alternate universe, you and the other students of Hope's Peak are put into a giant killing game, and unfortunately, you do not survive. How does your partner react and reflect on your death, and will they live to see the end of the killing game?

I was gonna put all the killing game stuff into one chapter, but this was a specific request, so I'm doing it separately. Like the set-up above says, in this AU, you and the other students of Hope's Peak (AKA everyone I include in this fic) are put into a giant killing game. In the future, I'll end up doing a different killing game AU where you're a part of the actual games and whether or not you survive/what your relationship with your partner is like there, but that won't be for a little while.

Oh, and for this scenario, Junko, Mukuro, and Tsumugi are all co masterminds working together. This also takes place in the school, and all the floors are open at the start.

Disclaimer btw, this chapter of course feature violence and blood, but may also dabble in the topic of suicide, so I'll leave warnings when those come up.

Be prepared, this chapter is looooooooong, so the girls' chapter will be out at the end of the month since these took a while to write.

Requested by: Joker4_life

Comment here with any more requests!

Makoto Naegi

It was a nightmare come to life- the entirety of the school was kidnapped and is now being forced to kill each other. You and Makoto made a pact not to kill each other, and both of you fulfilled that wish- but you never got the chance to kill, instead you were cut down by your fellow classmate Celeste who desperately wanted to get out of the killing game.

When Makoto saw your body, he fainted and had to be carried back to his room by Mondo. Of course he was devastated by your death, but managed to push onwards, and investigated with the help of Kyoko and Shuichi to discover who killed you. Your demise gave him a new purpose- he wasn't just surviving now, he was going to boost the hope of his remaining classmates and get out of the killing game together- even though he no longer has you by his side.

Byakuya Togami

You're adept at turning on the charm, and can think fast in a pinch, but nothing could have prepared you for this.... the thought of killing your classmates made your skin crawl, but you were shocked by your boyfriend's callous attitude- he treated everyone (including you) even more coldly than usual, and he wouldn't open up about what was bothering him either. You saw a side of Byakuya you didn't like, and unfortunately, he made too many enemies during the game, and that came back to bite him in the ass.... but not in the way he thought.

Byakuya and Hina's lukewarm relationship turned into one of burning hatred during the game, and one day Hina snapped, she set out to kill Byakuya, but when she found you sitting in the chair your boyfriend usually occupies in the library, she took her anger out of you, driving the knife she had stolen into your back. To top that all off, Byakuya was the one to find your body. To say he was furious would be an understatement- he showed the most emotion anyone had ever seen, bursting with anger that anyone dared touch you.... then he collapsed into sadness in private since he had been pushing you away, and you had gone to the library to see him, which got you killed.

Byakuya pored all his time over the next day investigating your murder, and after Hina was executed for her crime, he fell into a dark despair, mulling over your times together, everything from your first date to the first time you spent the night in his dorm. Lots of your classmates expressed concerns for him, but he came back strong, his attitude going back to normal with a declaration that he knows you would want him to survive.... and that's what he's going to do.