AU- You're A Remnant of Despair (All THH Characters)

Set-Up: AU- In an alternate universe, you were a member of Ultimate Despair that was captured and put through the Neo World Program to be rehabilitated before being reintroduced to society. What atrocities did you commit during The Tragedy, how did you react to learning the truth, and how did you reconnect with your partner after you were broken out of your brainwashing?

Important note: This follows most of the canon of the actual DR universe, but for the characters that actually die in the game, they'll be alive in their own scenario. The canon survivors will always be alive since their survival is guaranteed.

MASSIVE CONTENT WARNING!- This scenario contains many dark topics and themes including graphic violence, death, blood, gore, terrorism, torture, familicide, suicide, mind control, and many more. I'm not gonna leave individual warnings this time because there's just so many, so reader discretion is strongly advised.

Requested by: LittleRed1207

Comment here with any more requests!

Boys

Makoto Naegi

As the Ultimate Mathematician, you used your expert skills in the math field to help Kazuichi design (and sometimes build) the various machines he used to cause mass destruction. You weren't as hands-on in a lot of the killing that was going on, but your contribution in the making of the various killing machines was vital to the efforts of Ultimate Despair.

After the events of The Final Killing Game, you and the other rehabilitated Remnants were content to just staying on Jabberwock Island forever, but Makoto and the rest of the Future Foundation decided to reintroduce the group back into society after convincing the general public that you were successfully removed from Junko's influence. You were cautiously optimistic, since you wanted to get back to your normal life and hopefully move on, but still also carried a lot of the guilt and shame from being a Remnant, and didn't know how others would treat you- luckily your identites were kept a secret from the general public, so no one would know you were a Remnant. Of course, at that point, you were left with only one more problem to worry about- Makoto.

You were unsure about how to approach Makoto because of your Remnant status, but he was more than willing to rekindle the romance that you started prior to The Tragedy. Part of the reason that he pushed so hard for The Neo World Program was because he had hope that you could be restored to your pre-Despair self. He accepted you back with open arms, and you couldn't be happier- after finding out your parents and siblings were both dead, he was the only family you had left.

Byakuya Togami

As the Ultimate Businessperson, you've developed a charismatic and charming persona which you utilized during your time as a member of Ultimate Despair. You not only sweet-talked people into doing your bidding- this meant either convincing them to kill themselves, kill others, or even willingly subject themselves to brainwashing or torture depending on your mood, and your body count soared without even having to get any physical blood on your hands.

Not much can break your calm and collective veneer, but when you were given proof of your misdeeds during The Tragedy, it shattered like glass as the reality set in. You couldn't believe you had been mind controlled into being a horrific monster, and once you found out that you had given your father, the man who loved and raised you, to Junko for the purpose of putting him into a killing experiment, you completely gave up and attempted suicide from guilt.

Byakuya was actually the one to find you during your attempt and saved your life. He was initially hesitant to test out The Neo World Program, but since he trusted Makoto's judgement and wanted you to be returned to your normal self, he backed it- and he wasn't about to lose you again. You were the most important person in his life prior to The Tragedy, and when he discovered you were part of Ultimate Despair, he knew he had to do whatever was necessary to get you back to normal. He stayed with you for days following your suicide attempt, doing his best to soothe you and assure you that you're not a monster and deserve to live before taking you to a house he had built for the both of you. It was almost an exact replica of your childhood home and the sight of it made you break down in tears, blubbering about how you didn't deserve such a wonderful gift, but Byakuya was having none of that, and told you that yes, you did deserve this, and he wanted the two of you to help rebuild the Togami empire and forge a better future- together.