AU- You Die in the Killing Game (All Female Characters)

Set-Up: In an alternate universe, you and the other students of Hope's Peak are put into a giant killing game, and unfortunately, you do not survive. How does your partner react and reflect on your death, and will they live to see the end of the killing game?

Copy and pasting the author's note from last time for people who missed it/didn't read last chapter, so feel free to skip this part if you saw it already: I was gonna put all the killing game stuff into one chapter, but this was a specific request, so I'm doing it separately. Like the set-up above says, in this AU, you and the other students of Hope's Peak (AKA everyone I include in this fic) are put into a giant killing game. In the future, I'll end up doing a different killing game AU where you're a part of the actual games and whether or not you survive/what your relationship with your partner is like there, but that won't be for a little while.

Oh, and for this scenario, Junko, Mukuro, and Tsumugi are all co masterminds working together. This also takes place in the school, and all the floors are open at the start.

Disclaimer btw, this chapter of course feature violence and blood, but may also dabble in the topic of suicide, so I'll leave warnings when those come up.

Up next: The pet you get together

Comment here with any requests!

Kyoko Kirigiri

As a fairly well-known crime-solving duo, you and Kyoko were pretty confident that you could solve any potential murders that happened, and you were correct- with the help of fellow detective Shuichi, and two of your other classmates, Makoto and Hajime, you managed to solve three murders (and unfortunately get three of your friends executed as a result).

Mondo was the third person to be executed, and his "bro" Taka didn't take it well at all- he was more distraught than Mondo's actual brother, turning into a shell-shocked hollow version of himself. It was sad to witness, but after a week of this behavior, Taka would come to a strange realization- that Mondo would want him to live, but decided the best way to do that would be to get out of the killing game as soon as possible. He figured the best way to do that was to take out one of the people who headed the investigations so he'd have a bigger chance of getting out, and he picked Shuichi, the shiest one. You got unlucky, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and walked in on Taka trying to move Shuichi's body. Before you could react, the prefect was on you in an instant, cutting you down quickly and quietly.

Taka was sorely mistaken when he thought that killing a detective and a forensic scientist would increase his chances of being freed from the killing game- instead it only fueled Kyoko's desire to solve this case even more. Not many people have seen Kyoko's stoic mask slip, but she was dangerously close to breaking when she saw your dead body laying in the door of the warehouse.... and who could blame her? Her partner in both love and crime-solving had been killed, and now she was given the burden of figuring out who had done it. The loss of Shuichi also rattled her quite badly because it was immediately clear to her that you two had been targeted because you were big participants in the previous investigations, which meant that she had to watch her back.

Kyoko didn't have much of a reaction when Taka was revealed to be the culprit- not outwardly, anyway. Inside she was a raging storm of emotions- anger, grief, satisfaction, and sadness. After Taka was executed and everyone retired to their rooms, Kyoko's stony exterior finally shattered, and she broke down into sobs, mourning for her friend Shuichi, and for you, the first person she fully trusted and loved. The only thing she could do now was persevere, and hopefully keep your memory alive.

Toko Fukawa

When faced with the reality of being dropped into a killing game, Toko reacted with abject terror and fear, something you fully expected. You were pretty damn scared yourself, but tried to keep it together for the sake of Toko and your friends. If the Ultimate Counselor can't keep their cool, then who will?