AU- You're A Remnant of Despair (All SDR2 Characters)

Set-Up: AU- In an alternate universe, you were a member of Ultimate Despair that was captured and put through the Neo World Program to be rehabilitated before being reintroduced to society. What atrocities did you commit during The Tragedy, how did you react to learning the truth, and how did you reconnect with your partner after you were broken out of your brainwashing?

Sorry about the two month wait, I had midterms, got burnt out on writing, quit my job, and went through a depressive period all at the same time. I'll try and get back to my normal writing schedule.

Also, are there set personalities for most of the V3 pregame? It's been a while since I've played the game and don't remember.

Important note: This follows most of the canon of the actual DR universe, but for the characters that actually die in the game, they'll be alive in their own scenario. The canon survivors will always be alive since their survival is guaranteed.

MASSIVE CONTENT WARNING!- This scenario contains many dark topics and themes including graphic violence, death, blood, gore, terrorism, torture, familicide, suicide, mind control, and many more. I'm not gonna leave individual warnings this time because there's just so many, so reader discretion is strongly advised.

Comment here with any requests!

Boys

Hajime Hinata

As the Ultimate Scholar, you were known as a smart, well-written person, and you put that reputation to good use, acting as the official scribe of Ultimate Despair. You kept track of everything the organization did from the number of casualties, to governments collapsed, to the amount of horrific machines produced. You then had copies of your records made and you hung them everywhere for anyone to see. These findings both inspired your fellow members of Ultimate Despair to do more misdeeds, and drove normal civilians further into the spiral of hopelessness.

Being faced with the reality of what you did was soul-crushing. Even though it was minor compared to other members, you were still equally as wicked and willing to play your part in the destruction of the world, and to top it all off, your boyfriend Hajime, whom you thought had disappeared after taking on a experiment you warned him against, was one of the three main members of Ultimate Despair. It made you want to cry until you had no more tears, to scream until you lost your voice, anything to rid yourself of the pain and guilt you were carrying.

Hajime (Izuru? He's come to accept both names) has also had countless worries laid on his shoulders as a rest of his actions, and his first act was to help his sleeping friends wake up from the Neo World Program, which took a while, but eventually all the hard work paid off. He cosigned himself to a life on Jabberwock Island, but it took some getting used to because of the jarring fusion of his personalities. He could still sense the numbing boredom he felt during his time as Izuru, but his Hajime persona kept him from totally falling back into that dark side of him, but he couldn't rest for long, because a new problem arose very quickly- the problem of how he was going to mend his relationship with you.

You knew about Hajime's identity as Izuru because of the history lesson you received when you woke from the Neo World Program, but you never dated him post-experiment, and when you interacted with Hajime after his fusion, it was.... strange to say the least. The both of you were severely damaged mentally because of the time you both spent in Ultimate Despair and the Killing School Trip, and despite how nice Jabberwock Island was, it wasn't quite the home you were looking for. Hajime was okay with staying, but you pined for an opportunity off- and that day came when you got a letter from your family, whom were all still alive and asking for you to come home. They didn't know what you had done because your identity had been kept a secret, and even though it pained you, you penned a letter back, telling them of your misdeeds and saying you would go to them if they could still accept you. Hajime was unaware of your letter until you broke down and told him one day, wanting so badly to go back to your parents, but not wanting to leave him behind. He said he'd support your decision either way, and when your family wrote you back, saying they still love you and want to see you, you knew you had to go home. You tried to bid goodbye to Hajime, but he wouldn't say goodbye- instead he asked to go with you. He didn't know if your family would accept him like they did with you, but he was willing to try, and that was enough. Through tears of both sadness and joy, you kissed him and said you'd love to bring him with you.... your house wouldn't truly be a home without him.