1.04

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

754 words

— — — — —

The pair, walking side by side, wondered into the forest, looking at all sorts of organisms. From different colored mushrooms to odd looking trees. They walked so far up that they were able to see a magnificent view from the top. A mountain with a giant hole in it which made its shape like an upside down U.

"Woah." 

"Come on, let's keep going." 

Continuing exploring, the land began to become more rough with roots everywhere, making the ground uneven. But being so distract from all the wonders around them, the (h/c) haired girl was unable to notice the small root sticking out of the ground right in front of her. 

Resulting in her tripping and falling on her face.

Well, that would've happened if a certain boy wasn't quick enough to catch her by her arm and steady her.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" 

Even though they had just met moments prior, the boy felt a sense of protection over the girl. Maybe because they were bonding over their short period of time together or maybe because she was his first ever friend outside of his family.

Fumbling over her words, the girl managed a small yes while her cheeks started to glow a light pink from embarrassment.

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Continuing walking, the pair failed to realize that they never once let go of one another and now had their hands intertwined.  

Eventually, the two came across a giant crash. Rocks and branches, scattered everywhere and even small fires were seen with small pecks of red flames floating in the air.

Will raised his left hand, or at least tried to since it was still attached with (y/n)'s. Letting go and apologizing, he turned on the device on his arm. 

"Hello. Hello is anyone there?" He called out but all he received back was a strange noise. It almost sounded like something was hurt. Furrowing his eyebrows, he looked at the girl beside him. 

"Let me try. Mom, dad! Can you hear me." With only receiving the same response, the edges of the girls lip tilted downwards.

The boy noticed this. "Hey, I'm sure their fine, they're probably with the other survivors rights now." Saying nothing, the girl just gave the dirty blond a small smile.

Climbing down to the origin of the crash, they soon find a crashed ship like their own. But there was only one problem.

"That's not a Jupiter." 

"What the..." 

Reaching into his coat pocket and holding out a go-por, Will faced it towards them and began to record.

"This is Will Robinson..." Will tilted the go-pro to his friend.

"... and (y/n) (l/n)..." 

"... of the 24th Colonist Group. We're making a record of this because it seems, we're the first humans to discover evidence of an alien intelligence."

Will began to walk down towards the unfamiliar ship without a hint of hesitation. Where as (y/n) was more hesitant of the thought that a giant alien zombie maybe be waiting  for them to eat their brains out and leave their spawn inside them, 

I knew I shouldn't have watched those horror movies

Taking a deep breathe, she eventually followed her friend.

Catching up, she looked at the state of the ship. It definitely took a lot of damage from the fall. "It looks like the ship crashed the same time we did." 

"Why? We don't know why? We don't even know why we crashed."

"Maybe the reason that this ship crashed is the same reason as ours!" 

"Maybe, the ship has sustained heavy amounts of damage and appears to be non-functional." 

Continuing their exploration, they walked further to discover a giant hole, leading inside to the ship. 

"No sign of any p-passengers." 

(y/n) eyes widened. "What if they left to explore the area like we did?!" 

Will eyes widened as well, opening his mouth to respond but was interrupted by a noise behind them. 

They looked towards each other, then back at the source, and back at each other, before running up the slope towards the unknown figure in the distance. It was hard to make out the figure as the trees and branches were covering most of it but curiosity got the best out of them. Or at least one of them.

"Hello, anyone there?" 

Slapping her hand over his mouth, (y/n) shushed at the boy and yelled in a whispering tone. "Are you trying to get us killed!" 

No response was made as the unknown figure decided to step out but it was definitely not what they expected.

It was a giant robotic leg. 

𖨆