1.31

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

"Highly concentrated biomass."

"Called it." 

"So, petrified super poop?" 

"Uh, yes exactly." 

The four kids had made their way to the Wantanabe's Jupiter in order for the rock to be tested. 

"Okay, excuse me, I'm washing my hands now." Penny blurted out, walking towards the near-by sink. 

"I was thinking-" Will started and smiled when Hiroki and (y/n) finished the sentence for him.

"The waste converters." 

"Every Jupiter has them, and since it can turn human waste into biofuel-" Will continued. 

"It is possible."

"Wait didn't mom say that it will take at least three years to produce enough waste to launch a Jupiter." Judy asked, picking up supplies. 

"Yes but didn't you see that cave? It was filled with the same kind of waste that we thought were rocks." (y/n) exclaimed as Will backed her up.

"Exactly, we don't have to produce it. Whatever's been in that cave has been doing it forever." 

"Okay, just so I'm clear. We spent the night in what is essentially an  alien toilet?" Penny's face dropped. 

Everyone ignored her and focused on Hiroki's words. "You better hope that whoever used it is no longer there." Everyone else's smiled dropped. "This sample contains digestive material from every creature I've logged on this planet. Whatever created it. It's on top of the food chain. An apex predator." 

Judy sighed. "Anybody got a better idea? The Resolute leaves in nine hours." 

"Dad may not even have that long." Will commented, refusing to admit that his father may be gone.

"Will." Penny looked at the boy, understanding his overwhelmed emotions.

"Let's get on the radio. We'll need all the help we can get." Hiroki stated while Judy got straight to work.

"All right. While you guys work on that, I'm gonna go find mom." 

"Wait, please it's dangerous. Your mother would want you to stay here." Hiroki begged as she shrugged his comment off.

"Well, then I guess it's a good thing I take after my dad." As she left, Penny trailed after her, leaving the three to discuss their course of action to gather more of the biomass.

-----

Entering back into the cave, it was dark, wet, and much more moist then it was before. 

"This way." Penny led, hovering her flashlight everywhere. "I don't remember it being this warm.