1.21

{ breathe }

 { breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

Finding the boy in the center room, (y/n) began to help him with the wires while also attempting to give him a pep talk. "I'm sure it'll be fine Will, your dad trusts you and he'll trust you judgement too."

Will sighed. "Can't you at least be there with me?"

"This is a father-son type of conversation, not a father-son plus friend kind of thing."

"I know."

They said nothing more, only taking in each other's presence and sensing it as a comfort for the other. 

"Need a hand?" Smith asked, standing beside (y/n) who gave her a fake smile. 

Will smiled too but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Yeah."

The doctor smiled at the two and sat down on the chair beside them. "Ah, think I'm gonna need a tutorial." 

(y/n) looked down at the wires. "Red can go the black and black can go to red."

"But green always goes to the ground." Will continued for the girl.

Smith nodded and looked at the two. "You guys are some pretty smart kids, you know that."

"Thanks." The two muttered, but Will had more to say.

"But I'd take brave over smart any day."

"But bravery without intelligence, that's a very risky thing." The girl looked at the boy in worry, was he still hesitant on telling his father about the robot. "Haven't seen your robot in a while. Do you miss it."

The pair snapped their eyes towards the older woman. 

"I guess."

"Yeah."

"Can you do me a favor?" Smith asked, out of the blue.

"What?"

"Well, um, there's something I need to do. Something that's very important. And I need the robot's help to do it. I was thinking maybe you knew where it was and that maybe you could bring him here."

"I..."

"What's so important that you need him?" (y/n) looked at the woman innocently, but deep down, she was a bit suspicious. 

"Doctor Smith?" A voice said from behind them. The person was in an orange suit and had an unknown expression on his face.

"Don. Oh my god, you made it. I'm so relived." Smith forced out a smile and glanced between the two kids and the man.

"Yeah, I'm relived I made it too."

"Do you need anything? Can I get you some water?" She lightly guided the man out of the room, knowing that if the kids overheard their conversation; it would all be over. As the two argued out in the hallway about what truly happened during the storm, (y/n) asked Will about her suspicions on Smith.