1.24

{ breathe }

 { breathe }

unedited

1.0k words

— — — — —

"Please Mr. Victor sir! I promise I will not interfere what so ever."

"(y/n), I said this once already, you are a child and we cannot have any liabilities holding us back." 

"But-"

"(y/n)." Victor warned the girl, glaring at her while she looked up at the man with puppy eyes. It was sad to say that the man was falling for it so he snapped his head away with a sigh. "Fine, but if you even mess up just a small amount, you are to stay inside the Chariot at all times."

"Deal!" It was nice for (y/n) to say that Victor had a soft spot for the young girl as he watched her grow, but he would never admit that. 

Heading back to Jupiter 2, she passed by the father-son duo and smiled brightly at them before making her way down to garage.

Climbing down the stairs, she could hear Maureen and Judy talking with one another. 

"You need to rest. You haven't given yourself time to properly heal yet." 

"I'm healing fine. I'll heal later." Maureen argued wanting her daughter, wanting nothing more but to go get the fuel tank and get back home without any trouble. "I don't think you fully comprehend just how badly we need that fuel."

"I fully do, why is shy we can't bring anyone whose physical limitations might get in the way." 

"Don't worry Maureen, we got this." (y/n) interjected as both paired of eyes looked at her. The girl flashed Judy a wink—signaling that her plan on coming along had worked.

"It's a straightforward thing," Judy continued. "We find the Jupiter, we transfer the fuel, we bring it home. We go this. Let someone else save the day for once."

"It's not that, it's-"

"What?" Maureen looked between the two girls before letting out a small breath.  

"Okay. Go. Just make sure you bring that fuel back safely, okay?" The two girls nodded, picking up the luggage they need for their trip but pulled into a hug by Maureen. 

"Just be safe out there. The both of you. You don't know what you might find." 

"Okay."

"Yes mam."

Trailing her eyes towards her daughter and the girl she considered her daughter, Maureen watched them as they walked away and began loading up the Chariots. 

She soon walked off, wanting to get things off her chest to the only person who would allow it in a professional stand point. Smith.

-----