1.10

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — —

Pacing back and forth, Judy checked the radio on her wrist for the millionth time. It was getting late and the storm was getting worse.

"Come on come on come on." She muttered over and over again. Finally seeing the Chariot, she prepared to close the garage after it had come through.

When the Chariot finally got inside, everyone let out a breathe of relief. Judy went to one of the Chariot doors to greet her sister smiling at her and handing her the pack of oreos. 

"You did it."

"Yeah, this is really not my thing. You need to get back to being you, so I can get back to being me." 

"Come here." Judy grabbed Penny and pulled her into a tight hug. It was a sweet sister moment. 

Hopping out of the 'car', (y/n) waited for Will to follow so they could meet up with their friend. 

But as Doctor Smith turned around to grab her bag, she was greeted by said friend. Gasping in shock, Will tried to soothe her shook. "Don't worry, he's not dangerous." 

"Yea he's quite friendly." 

But from the way the doctor was looking at the machine, she didn't quite believe the children in front of her. 

-----

Everyone situated themselves in the center room of the Jupiter in hopes of lightening the mood from recent events and freshening up a little with food and drinks. 

Maureen was currently explaining their situation being the only well educated astronomer in the group.

"Okay I don't understand, exactly how lost are we talking about?" Judy asked.

"Yea like 'can't find your car in the parking lot' kind of lost."

Pick up a black cup, she placed it on the center of the table. "Well if this is Earth." She grabbed a bottle and walked towards on of the windows and placed it on the ledge. "And this is Alpha Centauri, we are metaphorically maybe a 600-year drive away. Maybe."

"Okay, so not metaphorically..." 

"Trillions and trillions of light years away." (y/n) mumbled but everyone else in the room had heard it.

"Look, if we got here, we can get back."

"So how do we get back?" Will asked. Most were hoping to hear a positive response but from the way that Maureen's face dropped, they knew it wasn't going to be one. 

"Honestly, unless the Resolute in intact and can find us, we might be stuck here." Everyone's eyes casted downwards as Maureen continued. "Which is why I need everyone working on the problem."