1.30

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

It was time.

With the help of Don, they should be able to get into space with no problem, sending help to the rest of the survivors on the planet. 

John and Don said their last goodbyes, with Don handing off his child, Debbie the chicken, for Judy to take care of. But there was still one person missing. 

Peaking out from the Jupiter, a spot of (h/c) was seen. Don scoffed but smiled, raising a hand and motioning for the girl to come. 

"Hey kid." The girl looked at him with teary eyes and tackled him into a hug.

"Please make it back. I don't wanna lose you too." 

The man smirked. "It's gonna take a lot more to kill me." The girl laughed as he ruffled her hair one last time before she moved on the John. 

The man saw the girl's state and gave her a sad smile. He hugged her, in hopes of comforting the girl. But it only made it worse. 

Soon enough, the two men made their way into the Chariot and drove off, leaving everyone to watch them.

Everyone left but Will stayed behind, looking at direction where the Chariot left. He was deep in thought, so deep in thought that he didn't realize (y/n) was standing next to him until he felt and hand holding his. He turned towards the girl as she gave him a small.

"Come one Will, let's go." 

The boy slowly nodded but it wasn't because he agreed with the girl. "Yeah, I just need to do something first." 

The girl mumbled an okay and met up with his older sisters as the boy made his way into the Jupiter and down into the garage. 

-----

The sun had gone down and they all were waiting for the Jupiter to fly through space. They finally saw that flash of blue, indicating that it was the Jupiter. 

"Come one, you can do it. Come on, come on." Penny muttered, shaking her leg in anticipation. 

Maureen, back inside the Jupiter, radioed her husband. "John, can you hear me? John. John, come back to me. I'm hear."

Waking up in a daze, John groggily replied. "We're here. Pretty dark in here."

"That's okay, I got you. Winds at your eight o'clock, real ones time time. They're coming in at just over 500 miles per hour."

"Got it. Don? Don." John called out to the man who just woke up. 

"What? Uh..." 

"Don?"