2.21

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.0k words

— — — — —

While everyone was  preoccupied with the rampaging Chariot. They didn't notice a certain boy and girl with two robots in the halls.

"The plan worked. No guards." Will high fived the girl in victory.

"Told you. Everyone's too busy with the Chariot and no one expects the Robinson family to ensue chaos." 

They made their way to the Jupiter 2 as Will tapped the passcode. 

Access Granted

The doors started to open as they jogged their way inside when they were met with Ben and a machine on his waist.

"Hello, Will, (y/n)."

"How'd you know we'd be here?" Will asked the man. 

"Because it's where I would have gone. No place like home, right?"  

Ben radioed the guards. "This is Adler, I've got them. Jupiter 2." 

"Standby. Personnel on its way."

"Will, (y/n)," The man unhooked the device he strapped on and charged it up. "I need you to step away from the robot." 

"No," The two looked back to see that robot's face had turned red. This was a sign of danger. 

"No, both of you, stop." The boy ordered. 

"You can't do this Adler." (y/n) begged the man.

"I don't know what you think you're doing, kids, but I cannot let you take away our only hope of survival."

"We're not." The two said at the same time.

"Then what are you doing?" 

"Can't you see? He's dying." Will said. 

"And you think you can save him."

"We've done it before." 

"Look, the Resolute isn't even read to leave yet. By the time the rest of the colonists are on board, we'll be back." Will argued. "You won't have to wait for us and we don't have to put anyone else in danger." 

"Life never goes according to plan. All three of us know that, all too well."

"So we let Scarecrow die? We can't do that and you know it Ben." (y/n) said softly. 

Will sighed and walked closer to the man. "You said you wished you and Scarecrow could have been friends. Well, now's your chance to act like one."

"We have to think beyond these machines, Will. We're talking about the survival of the human race." 

"What about their race?" 

"If you're asking me to choose between the survival of your friend and my family, I choose my family, and I believe you'd do the same." Ben took over the machine and grabbed Will's shoulders. "I am truly sorry about this." 

Ben grabbed Will as (y/n) felt someone grab her too. They turned around to see two guards tase robot to the ground. 

The kids tried to fight their way to their friend but it was useless. They had no match for grown adults. 

"Robot! No!"

"Stop it! Don't hurt him!" 

Hastings walked in between the two armed guards. "There's nowhere else to go. It ends here."

"No!" Robot tried to stand up but was immediately met with another round of harmful electricity. 

"Help. Family." The robot said, gesturing to Scarecrow on the floor.

Ben let go of Will and looked towards the dying robot. The red on his face was barely visible and you could tell that he was struggling. 

Robot was met with another round before he fully stood up. "Help. Ben Adler." The robot slowly walked backwards, making the rest of the man have to do the same.

Ben was in a state of panic. Was he wrong about robot? 

"Ben! Use your EMF device. Use it!" Hastings order the man. 

"Help. Ben Adler." Ben knelt down and dragged Will down as well. "Help me get him on board." 

(y/n) realized what both Ben and robot were doing so she did her best to slam the guard behind her to the wall. The guard's hold loosened as she jabbed their foot with hers and did her best to push them out the bay door with to the other guards. 

She than helped the two with dragging Scarecrow on board as robot was dealt to deal with the men. Once inside, Will went out for robot.

"Come on robot."

"No, Will Robinson."

The boy shook his head in denial. "I'm not leaving you. You have to get up, you have to fight back!" 

Will's hand was grabbed by (y/n) as she forced him back inside. "We have to go now Will." The two looked solemnly at their friend—who was now on the ground.

"Help. Friend." 

Will pushed a button on the pad and closed the doors, tears streaming down his face as the three prepared for launch.

(y/n) didn't dare look at the state of robot as Will watched from the windows to see the guards stop their tasing.

It was too late. Robot had gone down.

 The three got in their suits and launched off. Ben riding as the main pilot, (y/n) as the co-pilot and Will watching the Jupiter's states.

The silence was unnerving and neither Ben nor (y/n) wanted to break it for the fear of Will breaking down.

"What do you think is gonna happen to robot?" Will asked the other two.

Ben answered honestly. "I don't know. Want to go back." 

(y/n) looked at Will. It was his call. 

"No. We're taking Scarecrow to the ring. That's what robot wanted." 

-----

With the guards, the watched as the Jupiter 2 took off and flew into space.

"Should we go after them?" One of the guards asked.

"No. We have everything we need." Hastings shut the door to robot's cage and radioed the bridge. "Captain Kamal, this is Hastings. We have enough water, it's time to leave."

The guards and Hastings took robot to the alien ship. Strapping his arms and legs in place so he was unable to move.

"Robot is secure." 

Robot slowly looked up to see Smith and Hastings side by side.

"Do we really have to do this?" Smith asked the man beside her.

"Proceed." 

A valved dropped from above. A guard took it and turned it on. A whirring sound emitted from it.

It was a drill.

They were going to drill something into robot's head.

The guard pushed the drill in and as if time stopped, robot's lights stopped moving. As if he was stuck in something that he couldn't get out of.

And he couldn't, no matter how hard he tried. There was nothing he could do. 

𖨆