3.11

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

Exiting the tunnels, the four quickly ran back to the Jupiter transport. 

But on their way out, Judy noticed something. "(y/n)! You're bleeding!" Judy rushed towards the girl examining the trial of blood gushing down the side of her head. 

Will panicked at the girl and immediately stood by her side.

(y/n) lifted a hand to the side of her head and brought it in front of her. A bright red liquid stained her fingers. The girl didn't seem process the sight, only letting out a few words. 

"Oh, I am."

Judy scrunched her eyebrows at the girls reaction, lightly tilting the girl's head to check for the cause. "It's probably doesn't hurt now because of the adrenaline in your body. But it'll eventually wear off."

The girl lightly nodded. "I'll be fine. It's only a small cut, we should focus on getting back to the transport first." 

Judy mumbled something under her breath but agreed when she glanced towards her brother in concern. His head was down with his hand clenched into a tight fist.

She wanted to comfort her but as of the moment, they had other priorities to sort out first.

-----

The four walked straight inside the Jupiter as a bunch of kids turned their way. Judy—wanting to take action on (y/n) wound— was quickly led away by Penny. 

Damian in particular noticed the gushing red liquid flowing down his friends head.

He rushed towards (y/n), shaking her shoulders while asking her multiple questions. "Why are you bleeding? Where were you? What took you so long?"

The (h/c) haired girl winced at the amount of questions being asked by the boy and responded. "Slammed my head too hard. I was exploring an ancient alien civilization with Will. We played with a skeleton's hand and kinda destroyed the place." 

The dark eyed blinked at the girl's words and slowly nodded. "Okay, let's get you to the med room." He began to lead (y/n) with her arm before Will snatched the other one and stopped them in their tracks.

"I'll do it." Will argued.

Damian narrowed his eyes. "I think you've done enough."

"Damian!"

"What?" Will blurted out, bewildered by the boy's words.

"Did you get hurt while you two were exploring the alien city?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then she don't need your help." Will's grip loosened at the boys words, shamefully looking down. He was right. (y/n) was hurt and it was his fault.