3.04

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.7k words

— — — — —

Once the six were prepared, they began to leave for their long journey. Each carrying their climbing equipment and suits.

As the reached the bottom of the mountain the need to climb, (y/n) winced at the sight. "I'm already regretting this."

"You and me both." Penny whispered out, gaping at the giant wall in front of them. 

The started their long way up, a single rope attaching all six of them together. Judy went first, than Will, (y/n), Penny, Liam, and lastly Vijay. 

They were about halfway through when Will saw a small hole in front of him. "Judy, did you hammer in an anchor that didn't stick?"

Judy looked at her brother. "No, why?"

Looking back to the whole, an insect crawled out of it. Will giggled at the sight and lightly patted it. The buy squeaked and crawled to the side of the wall and onto (y/n)'s hand.

She smiled at the creature. "Hey little guy. I wonder what you are." The creature squeaked once more before moving on to the next person: Penny.

"Hey, what is that?" Vijay asked the girl.

She couldn't give a definite response so she replied with something else. "Is it weird that I think it's kinda cute?" 

"No." "Yeah." Vijay and Liam said at the same time. The two looked at each other, causing Penny to awkwardly laugh. (y/n) snickered at their interaction and only stopped when Penny gave her a warning glare. 

Judy looked down tot he group and called out to them. "Let's keep moving. We have to reach 1500 miles before dark." 

They were able to climb up to the mark they wanted as night fell. They decided to have some much needed sleep, pitching two tents that hung off the side of the mountain. One for girls and the other for boys. 

Will—who was finally getting some sleep—woke up from another nightmare. He sighed, slightly sitting up to grab his water.

Vijay shifted in his sleeping bag and turned to him. "You okay?" 

"Had a nightmare." 

"Uh, yeah, tell me about it. This has been a nightmare for me too." The older boy glanced at the sleeping Liam as he snored. "Hey, does she ever talk to you about me?" 

"Penny and I haven't really been talking much."

Vijay silently nodded. "I miss the way things used to be."

"Me too."

A silence took over before Vijay asked another question. "How are you and (y/n)?"

Will looked at Vijay before looking downwards, a small smile planting his lips. "We're good."