3.23

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — 

"No." Penny shook her head, refusing to step out of the elevator.

"Wait, Will's robot doesn't make these kind of marks." Judy commented, inspecting the walls.

Before anyone could say anything, Don shushed the group. "Do you hear that?"

As they listened closely, the sound of blasting could be heard deeper in. But there were multiple of these sounds at the same time.

"That sounds like more than one robot." Vijay whispered out. 

"Yeah." 

A realization hit Penny like a bullet train. "They haven't been waiting to attack. They're already here."

The group grew silent at her words, taking in the situation at hand. Judy immediately radioed her parents. 

"Mom, dad." She kept tapping her comms but it wasn't going through.

"No, it's not gonna work. The walls are too thick. It's blocking the signal." Don said to her.

"So, what do we do?" Penny asked him. 

"Look, we're the only one who know what's really going on here." The man said to the group, calling the redhead's name when she raised her hand. 

"What's really going on here?" Penny asked genuinely. 

"Well, clearly, those robots are saboteurs. Whatever defense system your mom's trying to get up and running, it needs all the power from this dam to do it."

"Well, we don't have enough time to warn them. We need to stop the robots now." Judy began walking away when she was grabbed by Don.

"What are you talking about? We are doing no such thing." 

Vijay—who was looking around in panic—started to stutter. "Uh, guys." The three looked towards him. "(y/n)'s missing." 

Eye's widen in panic as they realized that Vijay was right. But to no surprise, they saw her figure down the hall, close to the source of the blasting sounds.

"Guess we have no choice but to follow her lead." Judy said to Don tauntingly. The man huffed but made no effort to argue back, only following Judy's actions.

They quietly walking down the hall, eventually catching up to (y/n), who's figure was crotched and peeking through the corner. 

"They're using their blasters to take out the turbine." The teen whispered to them, eyes settled on the multiple alien robots.

"Oh crap." Vijay said, taking steps back in disbelief. 

Noticing the man in the corner of her eye, Judy called out to Don. "Hey, what are you looking for?"