3.25

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — 

Everyone's jaw dropped on the floor at the sight in front of them.

Pieces of metal and other materials were scattered all across the land in the distance, with a roaring fire burning the pieces. A small fog covering up the area.

The driver of the Chariot seemed to be in shock as he opened up the doors and told the teens and kid to sit tight, as he figured out what was happening.

A few more minutes passed before Vijay impatiently moved to the driver's seat. "Anyone see where our driver went?"

Penny, Liam, and (y/n) looked out the see a man sprinting pass their Chariot and away from the fires.

"Isn't that him?" Penny asked. They watched as more people started running. "Why is everybody running?"

"They're coming." A girl passed by them yelled.

"We need to get out of here." Liam stated, hoping out of the vehicle.

"Agreed." The five waste no time in getting out of the Chariot, and running back to where they came from.

As they were running Penny stopped to realize that he brother was most likely still in a vehicle. She panicked and turned around, heading to the boy's Chariot, hoping that he was safe and away from danger.

As she got closer, she was able to spot a limping figure, walking towards the chaos ahead.

"Will! You shouldn't be out here." Penny said to him, looking him up and down for injuries. The boy was panting and gasping for air with  sweat all over his face. He looked terrible. 

"It's the robot engines. They can use them as weapons."

Penny stopped and stared at him. "What are you talking about?"

"Their engines rip holes in space. You know what it would do if it was sitting on a planet?"

"I have no idea." Penny admitted.

"You've already seen it." Will said to his sister. "The planet we were staying on, the one with all the meteors and the giant missing piece."

"You mean the one where the guys before us went extinct?" Penny shakily said.

"You have to keep that engine away from them." Will told the two.

"Okay, um, I'm gonna get Judy." Penny said, before being denied by Will.

"No. There's no time. It's gotta be you."

"Will, I can't."

"Penny." Will groaned as he stood up, holding his hands to his sister's shoulders. "Listen to me. I know you better than you know yourself. You're smart, brave, and stronger than you think. You can do this."