3.03

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.0k words 

— — — — —

Vijay was in the Jupiter transport, strumming his guitar and making music.

An alert sound made him switch gears as he looked at the bright red dot coming their way. 

"Object Approaching."

The boy sounded the alarm and ran outside where he met the other kids. Everyone dropped what they were doing and ran to their bunker. 

Judy jogged out to see what the commotion was when she saw the meteor in the sky. "Incoming meteor! Everyone head to the bunker!" 

All the kids ran and slide into the bunker, one by one, shoving each other so they would be safe. 

In the midst of the panic, Vijay noticed that a certain redhead wasn't accommodated for. He ran over to Judy and asked her. "Where's Penny?"

Judy ignored his words and nudged him to the inside of the bunker where the rest of the kids were. She crouched, almost going inside before she heard a loud bang. 

Slightly peeking out, she noticed that the meteor had burned in the atmosphere, causing small pieces of asteroids to hit the land below it. 

"Okay," She kneeled to the entrance, "We're all clear." The kids started to climb out, looking at the sky. "Good job. We just need to be a bit quicker next time, okay?" 

Vijay looked around when he finally spotted the redhead. Only for her to be holding pinkies with her current boyfriend Liam. Penny noticed the way Vijay was looking at the two and let go of their hands, slightly smacking him away.

Vijay scoffed at this and looked away, walking back to the transport. Judy turned and noticed her sister as well, striding over to her. 

The older girl pursed her lips. "You know a lot of people here think you're cool. You're setting a bad example by blowing this off." 

"I'm not setting an example of anything. That's your job."

"You're part of the crew, same as everyone else." 

Penny let out a huff. "It burned up in the atmosphere, okay? It always burns up in the atmosphere."

"Someday it might not." Judy gave here sister one last look before walking away, leaving the girl to roll her eyes. 

As Judy went to walk back tot he crops, she was called by Vijay. Walking towards him, he began to speak to her in worry. "You remember that thing we were worried about a year ago? The thing we never thought would come up because we'd be long gone?" 

They hurried into the transport as Vijay pointed to the chart that showed the rocks surrounding the planet. "This is a simulation of what happened earlier. See that collision between those two giant asteroids? Now watch what happened next."

The simulation showed that the asteroids kept colliding with one another, creating smaller but more pieced rocks in the sky.

Will—who was searching for (y/n)—overheard their conversation and walked to them. "What's going on?"

"One of those pieces is the big meteor that just fell, but look how many other smaller pieces came off too. And a lot of them are still floating in orbit." Vijay explained.

"It's getting exponentially more congested up there." Will narrowed his eyes. 

"How long before the computer won't be able to safely navigate the ship through this mess?" Judy asked the boy.

Vijay looked down. "At this rate, four or five days."

"And we'll be stuck here forever." She whispered, looking to her brother. "It'll take more than four days to complete repairs on the ship, won't it?" 

"Well I could do it in four hours if I had enough titanium, even two if (y/n) helped me."

Judy straightened up, her gaze falling to the giant mountains that surrounded their small village. "I wish I could do this by myself." 

Vijay gave her a confused look. "Do what?"

-----

The three Robinsons, plus (y/n), Vijay, and Liam gathered into the hub of the transport as Judy laid out her map. 

"So, when we first got here, the Jupiter sensors picked up a pure titanium deposit about two miles up. We asked the robot to go get it, but the rock couldn't support his weight and I thought that was the end of that plan, but thing have changed. The good new is we are a lot lighter than the robot is."

Vijay gave her a look.  "Did you say two miles? Who here has climbed two miles? Not even you."

"Well how much worse is falling two miles than falling one mile?" Penny joked. 

"Look this planet's atmosphere was ripped away by whatever cataclysm wrecked it. We were lucky to find a puddle of atmosphere at the bottom of this canyon as we go higher, it'll thin out to nothing." 

"Which is why, at this point." Judy pointed. "We will need our space suits. We're only gonna have one shot at this. So this needs to succeed, or we can forgot about ever seeing Alpha Centauri or our parents."  

No one made a noise, knowing that Judy was right.

"Okay, so everybody prep your suits, and we will print the gear we need." Will and (y/n) headed to their rooms as robot looked at them.

"Danger."

Will looked at robot in slight amusement. "Tell me about it." 

"Help Will Robinson. (y/n) (l/n)." 

Will stepped back so he was face to face with robot—though he was still shorter.

"I know you're always trying to help us, but you can't this time."

"Beside," (y/n) butted in. "We're all doing this together,  I'm sure it'll be fine." 

The robot still looked hesitant in their answers but he couldn't say anything as they walked out of the room. He stayed with Judy and Penny, watching them argue and leaving Will and (y/n) to talk. 

 "Seems like we're on yet another adventure." The (h/c) girl joked, nudging the boy with her elbow.

Will smiled lazily and nudged back. "Thought it'd be sooner."

"Well I'm glad it isn't. I desperately needed a break." The girl intertwined her hand's and stretched them above her head. "Think it'll go well?"

"I hope so, but knowing our luck, probably not."

𖨆