2.11

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

They continued riding their horses for an hour or so before they stopped.

"Why are we stopping?" Will asks his mother.

"Just like a desert on Earth," Maureen answers, getting off her horse. "When the sun goes down, you pitch camp. Start up again in the morning."

"But, we know where the robot is now. If he leaves, we'll have no idea where to look." Will argued, wanting to find robot as soon as possible.

"I want to find him too, Will. But your mom's right on this one. Safety first." Ben intervened.

"He's got a fair point," (y/n) got off her horse and started to get her stuff out. This action caused Will to huff but he made no complaint as he got off his horse as well.

"Will, (y/n), why don't you guys take the horses?" Maureen asked, trying to make the boy feel better.

But this only resulted in Will grumbling. "Fine." Maureen hands him two of the horses' leashes and the other two to (y/n). Than she began to help Ben with setting up the perimeter fence.

"You know two years ago, he would have been the first one wanting to stop. And now he's..." Maureen laughed.

"They do that. Since the Resolute launched, I've seen my sons, what, one week out of every three months. It's like they're completely different people every time I visit."

"I had a hard time changing school when I was a kid. We're asking them to change worlds."

"With what we know now and all that's happened, would you do it again."

"Leave Earth?"

"Yeah." 

"I would." Maureen and Ben looked to the side to see Will and (y/n) coming to their direction.

"Really? Why is that?" Ben asked the boy.

Will lightly shrugged. "Because we're better now than before we got lost." Will took one of the fences from his mother and stabbed it into the ground, leaving his mother speechless. Ben and (y/n) gave each other a look before they followed Will's actions.

"Will, are you talking about your dad and I?"

"Everyone. Judy, Penny, (y/n), even Don." Will turned the pole, making it turn green. Maureen pressed a button to activate the fences.

Ready for activation.

"If we hadn't left Earth, I would never have met the robot. Then I'd still be scared, the way I used to be." Will sadly smiled, before moving to the next pole.