3.05

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

The four gripped each other's hand tightly.

"Keep your eyes on me. I'll get us there." Judy spoke. "On three. One, two, three."

They all jumped, falling down the edge for a moment before gliding back up. Penny and Will grabbed each other's hand, forming a square between them

"Okay, we're flying." Penny said, adrenaline pumping through her veins. 

They all looked down when they began to hear something fall. The pillar that supported them not too long ago was no more, making the entire platform crumble down below.

"It's working!" 

They floated for a few more moments before they spotted the ledge from which they came from before falling. 

"When I say go, release. All right?" Judy ordered. They all nodded in confirmation. "Okay, ready?"

They drifted closer and closer before Judy gave the signal. "Release!"

They let go of one another, causing them to crash onto the platform. All of them groaned in pain as Judy did her best to straighten up.

"Will? Will? Are you all right?" Will groaned as he felt his sister's hand on his arm. 

"Yeah." The boy was lifted up with the help of Judy before they split with Judy calling to Penny and Will going to (y/n).

"(y/n)! Are you alright?" He knelt to her figure as she whined and flopped on her back.

"Never felt better." She said to him, giving him a toothy grin. He smiled back at her before helping her up and turned towards his sisters. They were hugging one another with Penny initiating it.

The redhead was softly crying as Judy comforted her. "It's okay." The two let go of their hug as Judy softly smiled. "Hey, we got the titanium,. We can head back down, alright?"

"No, hold on." The three looked at Penny as they watched her pick up the radio receiver out from her pocket. "I grabbed this before it fell."

Judy took the device and shook her head. "No. I'm responsible for you three and almost a hundred other kids back at camp. Dad would not want-"

Penny cut her off, saying. "Dad's not here right now. Okay? I really wish he was, but he's not. And for the last year, I have been so mad because I blamed you for being the reason that we had to leave. And I didn't realize that you were just looking out for me. And nobody looks out for me the way you do."

"That's what family does." Penny nodded at Judy's words.

"So go find Grant Kelly."

Judy glanced at the receiver before looking towards the couple. "Can you fix the engine now?"