2.05

{ breathe}

{ breathe}

unedited

1.0k words

— — — — —

Will and (y/n) made eye contact with both their hearts fluttering from it.

It was as if everything else was a blur and the only thing they could see were each other.

With tears in his eyes, Will stood frozen, heart beat increasing with wide eyes, not wanting to risk blinking in case it were a dream. But if it were a dream, he did not want to wake up what so ever. 

The girl had grown a lot from a year before. She was taller, and her facial features were shaper, making her even more beautiful. If it were even possible, a soft glow emitted from behind her, making her look more memorizing to look at. 

(y/n) was having similar feelings as the boy. Her heart was racing and her mind went blank.

The boy had grown taller and even lost some of the fat in his baby cheeks, making his face more defined. He was in a state of shock that made the girl want to laugh at him but smiled as she saw the boy running towards her to tackle her into a hug. 

(y/n) laughed, as she almost tipped over but stabilized herself to hug the boy back around his waist.

"You're alive." The boy chocked out, barely holding his tears of happiness back. 

"So are you." The girl whispered out, joking as she squeezed the boy. 

Protests in the background could be heard as the rest of the family wanted their turn in a hug so the two backed away—unwillingly—and the girl was then thrown into a hug by two people. 

Penny and Judy had taken one half of the girl and squeezed the girl in happiness as the (h/c) girl hugged back and let out a soft laugh—one that made a certain boy's heart flutter even more. 

As the two sister let go, they smiled and started bombarding the younger girl with questions before they were pushed aside by the adults.

John and Maureen gave her a lasting hug and a pat on the head as Don took a different approach by smothering her and giving ruffling her hair. 

All of them, like Penny and Judy, asked questions to the girl and crowed around her and Samantha, leaving Will to the side.

He looked like a kicked puppy as if he had ears that were down and had a small pout on his lips. He desperately wanted to talk to the girl but his family beat him to it so all he could do was wait. 

Looking at her son from the corner of her eye. Maureen smiled at the sight, knowing just how much her son missed the girl he had always talked about. But something else caught her attention. 

Looking outside the dining hall windows, she saw a Jupiter flash their lights towards them. "Hey, look."

The others gathered around as they watched it dock the Resolute. 

"Survivors." John called out happily, running towards the direction of the spaceship as everyone followed. 

Once they were at the entrance, they called out to the survivors only to have been rushed with multiple guards. 

"Robinsons. Glad to see you all in one piece." A man said, stepping out from the disinfection gas. He was wearing all black, in his late 30s and early 40s at least. "Ben Adler, deputy director of advanced systems. Now please, get on board, while we still can." 

"If you're worried about that thing wandering around, we contained it." John said calmly, but with a hint of bragging in his tone.

"Contained it, with what?" Ben asked, raising a brow at the man. 

"A girl," Don stepped towards the man, "Don West. I was also pretty vital in this whole operation. I was the eyes, I was the ears-"

"Mostly the mouth." Maureen interrupted him. Adler signals the two guards behind him as they start to walk. "How did you know we were here?"

"As soon as you docked I picked up your signal." Ben's eyes soften when he sees a girl hiding behind (y/n). "Samantha? Is that you? We looked every where for you. You're mom's going to be overwhelmed."

"She's alive?" Samantha whispered out, coming out from behind the (h/c) haired girl. 

Ben crouched down to her height, "Oh very, she's been missing you so much." 

Samantha smiled at the man and looked over to (y/n) to see her giving the 'told ya so' look. "Where is she?"

Ben's faced darkened a bit but still held up the smile to not scare the young girl. "After the attack, we all took refuge on a planet in the system. Temporarily. Only until the Resolute was safe enough to support us again." 

"Where did it come from?" Will stepped up. "That robot up here? What happened to it." 

"And you must be young Will," The man looked to (y/n) who had her arms wrapped around Sam, "and young (y/n). We've heard quite a few stories about you two from the other survivors. When we've all settled in, I'd love to hear it from the horse's mouth."

Penny let out a small laugh. "Speaking of horses, you might want a mop and some disinfectant for the dining hall. It's kinda..."

Maureen ignored her daughter and went up to the man. "Can we speak to you privately?" 

The man nodded and walked away with Maureen and John, but not with a glance at Will and (y/n). 

(y/n) looked at the man suspiciously while Will gave the girl a look—one she didn't notice. 

Penny and Judy seemed to have noticed it though as the light maneuvered Samantha and began to walk away. 

After they left did (y/n) notice the three missing girls. "Hey, where did they go-". The girl was tackled into a hug by Will as he wrapped his arms around her waist and snuggled into her neck.

"I can't believe you're really here." 

"Where else would I be?" Will didn't respond right away, only snuggled deeper into the hug. "Will? Are you alright?"

"I'm-I'm just scared you're going to disappear again." The girl smiled softly as she pulled the boy's face back with her hands. 

"There's nothing to be scared of Will. I'm not gonna disappear ever again. I promise." 

The boy blushed at her smile, feeling flutters in his stomach. He didn't understand what they meant but as long as (y/n) was causing them, he didn't seem to mind. 

𖨆