3.28

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.0k words

— — — — 

A few days have passed since the last battle.

Penny was inside her new home, twirling her pen around as she stared down the blank pages in her book.

"I guess it's my job to write the epilogue. That's fine. A jobs go, it's pretty easy. I just sit in a chair and scribble on a piece of paper while mom's in orbit, building another spaceship to replace the Resolute. She's assisted by super-advanced beings whose technology still seems like magic. And also Don."

Outside of the planet Alpha Centauri, an almost finished Resolute 2.0 can be seen. With robots and humans working together. Maureen can be seen inside a Jupiter, working with Don.

"Once the robots were finally freed from their old programming, they could do whatever they wanted. Most left and didn't feel the need to tell us where they were going. Now they're writing their own commands, they're all different. Just like we are."

"For her part, once she was reassembled, again, Sally left almost immediately. I was disappointed at first, then I realized she's just a girl who's not afraid to go find her place in the universe. I like to think she got that from me."

Penny looked out the windows to her house, seeing multiple spaceships flying back to space.

"I've never seen dad this relaxed. They say that, more than anyone else, soldiers appreciate the value of peace."

John was seen next, kneeling next to the crops and smiling at the fresh that flowed against his skin.

"Judy hasn't slowed down, but I think she finally realized that she has nothing to prove to anyone.

The eldest Robinson was seen taking care of a young girl, checking her stats in case of a health issue.

"I haven't seen Dr. Smith for a while, which makes me nervous."

Smith was walking into a hospital room, more specifically, a long term acquaintance. 

"You're looking better." Smith said to the dark skinned man, lying in a hospital bed.

"You may have gotten rid of all the evidence, but I still know what you did and who you really are." 

Smith didn't respond, looking down at the papers she had and held it to the man.

He scoffed out a laugh. "You think I'll fall for the same trick twice?"

"It's not a trick." Smith stated. "It's a confession."

-----

"Prisoner 002, you have a visitor." A guard outside Smith's cell said. 

Smith woke up from her small nap, smirking when she saw Maureen at the little window. "Did you bake me a cake with a file in it?"

"I don't bake. And you don't need a file." Maureen smiled. "When I was reviewing the passenger list for Solidarity's maiden voyage from Earth, I came across the name Jessica Harris, authorized by Dr. Zoe Smith. Who is she?"

"My sister, technically. She's disowned me."

"Then she doesn't know who you really are."

"I'm not sure I know who I am at this point." Smith stated with a sad smile.

"I do. When you get out of here, look me up." The two woman shared an knowing look with one another. 

-----

Maureen was outside their little house, looking up at the stars in space.

"Mom, come on! Dinners gonna get cold." Judy yelled from inside. Maureen gave the stars one last smile before heading in. Greeted by the other Robinsons, Don, Grant, and (y/n).

"By the way, (y/n). Why aren't you staying with your family for thanksgiving?" Maureen asked the girl.

"Oh, we celebrate a few hours ago just because my grandmas get hungry earlier than most." (y/n) stated, slightly nudging Will.

The boy cleared his throat and nervously spoke to his parents. "So, (y/n), robot and I have been planning to use the Jupiter to explore the galaxy. We're not even planning to leave this galaxy."

Maureen looked to her husband. "Did you okay this?"

"It's the first I've heard of it." John responded.

"I've already logged over a hundred hours of flight time, and this time I won't be alone." Will gave a warm smile to (y/n), who sat next to him, and robot, who was at the width of the table.

"Trust, Will Robinson." Robot said.

"Did your grandma's approve of this, (y/n)?" Maureen asked.

"Of course. They didn't like the idea at first, but Kenji was able to convince them. And though they might not be as big as a fan for your family, they trust robot and Will." (y/n) looked to the boy and robot with a big smile, one that they both returned.

The two parents looked to each other before looking back. "Okay, just be home by Christmas."

"We will be. Don't worry." The two kids then looked over to see the other's weary eyes. "We promise."

"Alright, I'm starving." Don said, smiling when he heard a cluck of agreement coming from the chicken on his shoulder. 

Everyone began to dig in on the food, putting whatever they thought was good on their plate. It was big, happy, and delicious meal. 

And though robot couldn't enjoy the food like the rest of them. He was happy just the way he was.

"Will said, "Don't worry. "I promise we'll be home for Christmas." But we all know things don't always work out the way we plan. THE END."

Penny picked up an oreo, relishing in the taste as she looked down at her book.

"OF CHAPTER ONE."

 The red-head smiled happily.

-----

"This is Will Robinson of the first Human-Robot Exploratory Group." Will said to his camera, showing both robot and (y/n) in the frame. "I don't know exactly where we are right now, but it's beautiful."

(y/n) took the camera from his hands, turning it to face the magnificent view before them.

Laid out in front of them was a sun rise, with another sun in the distance. And though the landscape was swampy, the different shades that reflected from the sky only made it more beautiful. 

The animals that roamed the planet were much different from the animals on Earth. They were truly magnificent. 

"I never want to leave." (y/n) whispered out, entranced with the view in front of them.

Will looked over to the girl, smiling at the way that she illuminated under the sky. "Me neither."

𖨆 

wow. i'm finally done. 

idk why you guys read for this book for as long as you did, but i hope you enjoyed it!!

i plan to write a few short stories about (y/n) and Will's relationship but considering that i lack motivation and need a break, it may not happen.

so, for now, the book ends here.