2.23

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — —

Above the subsystems that the three adults were trying to break into, robot was nothing more but a puppet to the people in front of him.

"Has the robot found a way to get from wherever this place is to the colony?" Captain Kamal asked Hastings. "It's like looking for a needle in a haystack."

"It found the needle. Radio signature from one of our Jupiters, it seems. The signal is weak, barely a whisper, but there's only one place you're gonna find a signal like that."

"Alpha Centauri."

"Once the last ships have arrived, then we can get out of here." 

"Contact, ma'am, from the planet. Two ships incoming from the equatorial region." Diane spoke, signaling to the map in front of them.

"Oh, and there they are." Kamal, Hastings, and Smith watched as two dots began to approach the Resolute. "Identify them."

"The lead ship is a Jupiter."

"And the second ship?"

"Unknown."

"Resolute, do you copy? This is Victor Dhar piloting the Jupiter 2 with the remaining colonists. We've sustained heavy damage. All other Jupiters destroyed. The robots are in pursuit. They are jamming communications."

"How long until the Jupiter 2 arrives." Kamal asked Diane.

"Ten minutes ma'am."

"And how long until the ship chasing it arrives." Hasting asks. 

"At its current speed, its 18 minutes behind them." Hastings clicked his tongue as he exited the bridge with Smith on his trail.

-----

Back int he subsystems, Will had radioed his parents. "Mom. Mom!"

"Will, do you copy?" The woman asked her son.

"Mom, (y/n) and I are with Victor. They're coming. There's a lot of them."

"He's alive." Maureen whispered to John. 

"Yeah and being followed." The man replied. 

"Will, can you hear me?" The boy didn't respond but there was a very familiar sound cutting the audio. "That noise. That only happens when the alien engine gets turned on. Hastings is trying to leave now."

"I'm not gonna be able to burn through this ceiling in time." Don told the couple, flipping his headgear off.  

"There's another way in." Joh stated.