3.27

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — 

It was terrifying. 

Outside of the Jupiter, SAR and the other robots had decided to use their dead buddies to throw against the Jupiters to cause more fuel to be used.

Switching to primary reserve fuel supply.

The system's voice felt like nails on a chalkboard. 

Reserve fuel level at 10%.

No one had the guts to say a word.

Reserve fuel level at 9%.

(y/n) was feeling anxious. While they were waiting, she felt a pain in her chest. Almost as if something was being ripped apart. 

She knew something happened to either Will or robot. The girl just hoped that it wasn't anything bad.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Maureen wipe a tear. (y/n) got up from her seat and sat beside the woman, leaning her head on the her shoulder's and giving her a side hug—one she returned.

Not long after, Judy and Penny joined in as well.

Reserve fuel level critical.

"We're out of fuel." Maureen stated. They all stood up, looking up into the skies as the lights flickered. 

As they looked at the window above, they were greeted by SAR with what seemed like a deadly stare.

"Go!" They all ran down to the garage, meeting John and Grant.

"Come on, hurry. Kids, get in." John yelled. Judy, Penny, and (y/n) rushed to get into the Chariot.

"You know the plan?"

"Yeah, we're ready." Grant said to the woman. Her and John both lifted the engine as John gave Grant one last look.

"Take care of our kids."

Grant nodded and watched as the two began to run. "Be careful." 

Maureen and John dashed across to an liquid transport Chariot, where they quickly set down the engine. "You drive." Maureen ordered her husband.

The two then started their get away, dodging any incoming blasts from the robots. 

While driving, John looked at Maureen in a loving way. "Hey, uh. I saw there's, uh, an Italian restaurant near the park."

"Really?" Maureen indulged the man.

"Yeah."

"You think they make decent gnocchi?"