1.14

{ breathe }

 { breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

Finally having settled down, everyone agreed to get some much needed sleep and headed to their according rooms. 

But instead of following the crowd, (y/n) stayed back in the center room and laid back in one of the chairs. Realizing that his friend wasn't following him, Will walked up to the girl. "Aren't you going to bed?"

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep without a nightmare." 

"Then why don't you sleep with me?"

"What?" (y/n) stopped working. Even though she was young, she had heard not so age appropriate things from her older brother, polluting her inner thoughts. "Sleep with you?" 

"Yea, like a sleepover."

God this boy is too innocent for his own good

(y/n) internally groaned at her thoughts, but put on a smile for the boy. 

"Sure." 

The two walked towards their own rooms and started to prepare or pack for the sleep over. Maybe because he hadn't seen the girl in a while, robot followed the girl to her room and ducking down at the low entry frame to enter. 

The girl looked up and smiled. "Hey robot, seems like we haven't talked one on one in a while."

The robot's dots started swirling, (y/n) took this as a happy sign. As he reached out his left arm to reveal an enclosed fist, he spread it apart to reveal a gun.

Panicking, (y/n) looked behind the machine to see if anyone was peeking into her room, when there wasn't, she looked back tot he robot and whispered to him. "What do you think you're doing?" 

"Danger, (y/n) (l/n)."

"How did you even-?" She paused and let out a shaky breathe. "You know what? I'm gonna be in a lot more danger if someone sees me with that." Ignoring the girl's word, robot kept his hand extended and waited for her to take it. 

(y/n) bit her lip in hesitation. It was an actual, fully functional gun that could possibly injury someone. Hesitantly taking the small pistol, she tucked it deep under her mattress where others wouldn't see it unless searching for it.

Running her hand through her hair, she looked back to robot and saw his right hand closed. Sighing from exhaustion, she asked the robot. "Is that one for Will?"

No response.

"I'll take that as a yes, come one. Let's go before you get caught with that thing." Grabbing her pillow and blankets, she exited her room with the robot following right behind her. Walking only a few steps left, they reached Will's room and went inside.

Sensing his friends come inside, he turned around and greeted them. "Hey." The girl dropped her pillow on the mat that Will prepared and slammed down on it.

Will rose a brow at her actions before looking at the robot. "What is it?"

The robot proceeded to repeat the same actions as he did with (y/n). Lifting his right hand, he revealed the gun.

"What are you doing with that. I don't want it. (y/n)!" He called out to the girl. 

Lifting her head slightly up to see the boy, she talked with dazed eyes. "He gave one to me too, don't know where he got it from though."

"Wait. Did you make it? With our printer, why?"

"Danger, Will Robinson." 

"Danger, from what?"

The robot looked between him and the girl on the floor—who by now was dead asleep.

"That was just a bad dream. Look, I know you don't want to hurt the either of us, but if we're gonna be to friends, you can't hurt anybody. Ever. Do you understand?"

Robot's stars glowed brighter for a few seconds before it dimmed back to it's original state. 

"Good." Taking it as a good sign, he slowly grabbed the gun out of the robot's hand and placed it under the edge of his mattress silently, as to not wake up the sleeping girl.

He did this while a certain pair of eyes watched him from the door way without his knowledge, letting the person's thoughts run wild. 

-----

The new day arrived with Jupiter crew feeling more refreshed then they had ever since the crash. 

Everyone was off doing their chores, John was setting up the perimeter fence, Maureen was checking on the engines for any further damage, Judy with the comms, Penny fixing up her room and Will, he was trying to wake up (y/n). Was it working? No.

"(y/n)!" He tried to yell the name of the sleeping girl but she made no movement that signaled her as awake. Shaking the girl's shoulders, she finally started to respond.

"Five more minutes." The girl muttered, attempting to pull the blankets over her head but failed as Will snatched them away from  her. 

"Come on (y/n), everyone else is already awake so you should be too." 

Groaning, she opened her eyes to see a pair of brown eyes staring down at her. She blinked up at him as he smiled down at her while moving away, giving her space to sit up.

"You're way to happy for it to be morning." The messy haired (h/c) yawned out. 

"What can I say, I'm just an early bird." The girl hummed at the statement, picking up the blanket and pillow she was using, she started to leave the room. But before she made it out the door, she turned back at the boy behind her.

"Thanks for letting me stay with you Will, this was probably the best nights sleep I've had in a while." Glowing brighter, Will smiled yet again at the girl, causing her to slightly tilt her head away. 

"Of course! You can come to my room anytime you have a nightmare." Nodding, (y/n) began to head to her room, changing out of her pajamas into some cargo pants and a loose t-shirt. Walking out, she was greeted with the sight of Will and robot having a one-sided conversation. 

"Where to first?" 

"We can help my dad with the perimeter fence outside." Nodding, the trio made there way outside the Jupiter to be met with the vegetation of the planet.

Breathing in fresh air, (y/n) stayed near the Jupiter as Will walked off to talk to his dad. Looking up at the sky, she looked towards the sun with suspicion. Seeing as the robot decided to stay with her, she asked him something.

"Do you remember the sun being this high at this time of day?" The robot looked at her, stars glowing and moving around on his face. "Yeah, me neither." 

"Robot! (y/n)!" Looking towards the origin of the voice, Will was waving at the two to come over to where he and John were standing. Glancing up one last time, the two made their way towards the father and son. 

𖨆