3.18

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

Don and (y/n) were able to navigate back to the Jupiter safely. Once inside, (y/n) felt silence and comfort wrapping around her mind and body. This allowed her muscles to loosen.

If only it lasted longer. "Anyone have an extra left boot? Anyone?" Don yelled once inside. (y/n) sighed, handing him the chicken before making her way to a chair and plopping herself on it. "I'll take a sneaker, but I'd prefer a boot for symmetry."

"Is that Don?" Penny asked from out the hall, she walked into the hub as the other two Robinson kids followed. 

"(y/n)!" Will jogged towards the girl, pulling her up and giving her a hug. "I'm glad your okay."

"Me too." She whispered to him, giving Will a kiss on the cheek once they let go. The teen went up to Don as they watched Debbie start giving their fingers light nibbles.

"Be careful Don, you don't wanna choke your chicken." Smith told the man as she walked past the group.

This comment got Debbie to start clucking. "Relax, she's making a joke. We don't listen to the crazy lady. Go wash up, okay?" Don placed her on the floor and released her to explore the Jupiter. 

"Hey, Don, (y/n)! What took you so long?" John smiled at them. 

"For starters, I had to battle this slimy, sucking ground monster that ate my left boot. This thing was huge, like, six or seven feet across with a death grip like Sister Louise, who, by the way, in her late eighties, still a freakishly is still a strong woman." Don rambled, throwing his hands up to exaggerate. 

"He stood in a puddle and it sunk the boot."

Judy chuckled at (y/n)'s comment. "Six or seven feet, that's big." The young adult played along, smirking with (y/n).

"Yeah, but that's not even the strangest thing that happened. We crossed paths with one of those robots."

"You did? What happened?" Will asked, looking at (y/n) in concern.

"There was nowhere to run! I saw my beautiful life flash before my eyes." Don dramatically walked up to Will. "But before I was toast, he didn't kill me. He did this weird thing with this claws, like, scanning me with a red light. As if he was trying too guess my price at a supermarket"

"It was really weird." (y/n) agreed with the man. 

"And by the way, if anyone's curious, sexy astronaut mechanics, on sale for 2.99." 

"The robot did the same thing to Grant Kelly." John said to the group. "Scanned him while he was in cryosleep on the Fortuna."

"The timestamp on that video, December 21st, 2044, that was just a few days before the Christmas Star." Maureen pointed out. "That means that first contact between humans and alien intelligence wasn't with Scarecrow on Earth. It was with Grant Kelly in space. The Fortuna was their Christmas Star."

"But the Fortuna was scrubbed of all its tracing data. If the robots were trying to find out where it came from, that information wasn't on board."

"Yes, it was." Maureen spoke solemnly. "We know that the human body is constantly being impacted by its environment on an atomic level. It-It picks up trace amounts of particles and chemicals and elements that we encounter as we journey through out life. Some scientists think that this makes our bodies like a point on a map of the universe, and that with the right equipment-"

"You can figure out everywhere a person has ever traveled in their life." (y/n) continued on, looking towards Don. 

Maureen walked up to Don. "Like following cosmic breadcrumbs."

"okay, so they needed Grant to find Earth, but they know where we are. What did they want with Don?" Penny asked the two. 

"Because Don is the only one here who's ever been to Alpha Centauri." Maureen said. 

"No." Will whispered out. 

(y/n) collapsed on the chair closest to her, stressfully running a hand through her hair. "The rest of my family is back on Alpha Centauri."

"What do we do?" Penny asked the rest of them.

"Well, we'll figure it out. Right, mom?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Just give me a minute." Maureen kneeled to the ground and rested her head on the table, completely exhausted.

Judy and Penny began to comfort the young girl on the chair as John began to investigate SAR's actions by asking Don. 

But the voices of their words were blurred out and silenced. Will looked away from his family and walked out. He grabbed his suit and bag, sneaking into Chariot in the garage.

Going over to the driver side, he closed the doors and pulled out his camera, taking out the chip and inserting it into his wrist device.

Audios files uploaded.

Will turned off the GPS, making it unable for anyone to trach the Chariot. He powered up the car and opened up the garage door. 

Thinking back to the moments his father taught him how to drive, he slammed on the gas, but the Chariot made no attempt to move. Looking behind, he saw robot holding it back.

Will opened the door. "We talked about this! You can't protect me forever!"

"Help Will Robinson." 

"Not with this." Will hopped out of the Chariot and stood in front of robot. "If we're really friends, if you really wanna help me, then you'll stay here and make sure my family's safe. I have to do this. You have to let me go."

-----

"So we launch, get there as fast as we can, and warn them." John stated, marching back and forth in the room.

"What good is a warning? How are they gonna fight off an army of angry robots?" Don asked them, voice full of frustration.

"We've done it before." Maureen said to him.

"Have we? Alpha Centauri isn't the Resolute, Maureen. You can't just blow it up."

"We have to give them a fighting chance." Judy argued.

Smith walked into the room, looking nervous and she spoke in a confident tone. "Look, I'm well aware my instincts aren't the Robinson way, but there's nothing wrong with choosing to save ourselves. We have a robot, an engine. We can go anywhere. Preferably a place where the ground doesn't try to eat you."

John turned towards the woman and narrowed his eyes. "We are not running away from this."

Smith let out a scoff, walking away in disbelief, causing the group to continue discussing a plan.

"Look, all I'm saying is, if we just put our heads together, we can come up with a better plan that doesn't involve this robot army obliterating-" (y/n) tuned out Don's ramble, he was saying too much that it went one ear and out the other.

All she could think about was her family on Alpha Centauri. The only family she had left. Her brother, her grandmas. She had already lost two parents and a lot of other people in her life, she wasn't read to lose anymore. 

𖨆