1.07

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words 

— — — — —

After the family's little moment, Will formally introduced both his friends to the family. One was welcomed with opened arms and the other, well it takes some getting use to. 

Staring dazedly at the floor, (y/n) was currently following John around the Jupiter to find the spare room that she would be staying in. And well, it was awkward as fuck. Neither knew what to do or say so they just kept walking, not saying a single word. 

Bumping into John's back, (y/n) was pulled out of her little world and began to see them empty room on her left. This would be her room until she found her parents. 

Clearing his throat, John began to speak. "So uh, this is your new room. It's to only spare one we have so uh hope you like it." 

There wasn't anything special about the room, just a standard bed, a table with picture frames on them and small cabinets connected to the walls. "Thank you Mr. Robinson. For everything." She smiled at him. 

John's gaze immediately softened. Truth be told, he already had a soft spot for the girl as she was there for his son when he wasn't. "Just call me John, Mr. Robinson makes me feel old and don't worry about it. Just get settled in and call us if you need anything while we repair the Jupiter." 

Just as he was about to leave a voice from behind him spoke. "Can I help? I know how to do the repairs and the Jupiter would be fixed faster with an extra pair of hands right?" 

He wanted to refuse, I mean she is their guest after all but the extra help was to tempting to refuse. "Alright follow me." Smiling, they began walking again, but this time, with a more comfortable silence.

-----

"Listen, I think its important that they all hear us speaking with one voice." 

Maureen and John were currently deciding who's voice is gonna be heard the most. 

"Couldn't agree more."

"That voice is mine." 

And Maureen won. For obvious reasons.

"Great."

"Great."

 As she walked away, there was a small giggle coming from behind John. Turning around he was faced with (y/n), holding Jupiter parts that needed to be cleaned. She gave a smug look at John before looking away.

Simp

John shook his head in disbelief but he couldn't deny the smile that was forming on his face.

-----

Getting their bags packed Maureen comes into the room and sees her son getting packed up as well. She walks towards John and gives him a look.

"I don't to let it out of my site, and you don't get one without one of the other two." Heavy and light footsteps were heard as the robot walked in with (y/n) who was talking with him in excitement. Looking back at his wife, John nudged his head towards them in a 'I told ya so' type of way. 

Will skipped over to the two and joined in into their conversation or tried to as (y/n) was really the only one speaking. Interrupting the trio, Maureen asked (y/n), "Do you wanna join us (y/n)? The more the merrier."  

She shook her head. "Thanks but no thanks Mrs. Robinson, I kinda already promised Penny that I would help with the chores." 

"It's Maureen and I'm sure Penny could handle that list by herself." 

Lightly shrugging her shoulders she continued to politely deny. "I really don't mind plus Bob over here needs to learn more about the outside world."

"We are not calling him Bob." Will argued, the two went back and forth while the robot just stood there. 

Turning back there heads John continued their past conversation. 

"You trust that thing?"

"It brought Will back safe and saved Judy from suffocating under the ice. It's the kind of behavior that builds trust. Besides, you seem to trust (y/n)."

"Well she's a human girl unlike that thing." Rolling her eyes, Maureen called out for her son and his robot friend as the start their journey on looking for survivors. 

-----

Laughing was heard behind Judy as she was preparing to lift the Jupiter out from the ice. No doubt it was (y/n) and Penny as the two had gotten along quite well while completing the whiteboard of chores. 

(y/n) liked Penny on the spot as she was not only pretty but she had an incredible sense of humor to go along with it. 

Penny liked (y/n) because she finally felt as if there was someone who truly understands her. Even if she was a few years younger. 

Running to the cockpit, they both stand to the right of Judy and lean on the controls. Sighing, Penny tries to get Judy's attention while (y/n) ruffles something to create a plastic sounding noise.

Judy snaps. "What is that."

"I know right, so familiar, but what is it? It's on the tip of your tongue."

"I'm not playing this guys." 

"I'm sorry Jude but that's just the way the cookie crumbles." Not even sparing her sister and their new found friend a glance, Judy just stares right ahead.  

"'That's just the way the cookie crumbles.' I could not have made it more obvious for you." Looking at (y/n), she began to pull out a pack of oreo's. 

"Where did you get those?" 

"Who cares lets eat them." Getting ready to open the pack and begin eating, (y/n) fantasies were ripped away when Penny snatched them from her. 

"So you are interested in the only oreo's in a hundred trillion miles."

"You spent 143 ounces of your personal weight allegation on that."

"No mom did, it was the last item on her checklist, 'Retrieve the blue object from locker 24A.'"

"It was this or another pack of air and I am glad it's this." (y/n) chimed in, and when finally beginning to open the pack to get to the delicious goods, Penny stopped when Judy began to question her.

"What are you doing?"

"Having it be the last item on the list indicates it's a reward for finishing."

"No you have to wait for everyone."

"I'm going in." It was opened, hands started grabbing the small cookies but there were once again interrupted by chimes from the controls.

"Pumps clogged again." Judy looked at the two as they looked at each other. 

"Not it!"

"Not- damn it." Penny glared from the smiling girl to her sister. "Can we trade off?" Judy shook her head and with a defeated sigh, Penny gave the cookies to the young girl and began to trail off.

Eyes brightening, (y/n) finally managed to get a cookie but before she was about to eat it she hesitated. Thinking it through and deciding to do a good deed she put it towards Judy.

"Want it?"

Judy looked between the cookie and the girl. "Sure."  

𖨆