2.19

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

"We have video evidence of him removing from the engine room a piece of equipment that is vital to the completion of our journey to Alpha Centauri. This action was taken without the regard of the future safety of you or your loved ones. With that in mind, we request that if you see him or the robot he controls, you report their whereabouts to security personnel immediately. And Will, if you can hear me. I know you think you're doing the right thing but there are other way to handle this. Don't let this go any further than it already has."

There were no other words, indicating that they turned the PA system off.

"Okay, what now?" Penny asked her brother. "So how are we gonna get to the planet?"

The boy shrugged. "I don't know. Fly down in a Jupiter?"

"Yeah, that would be really great if either of us knew how to fly a Jupiter." The two siblings looked at one another before they turned to their friend. (y/n) narrowed her eyes at the two and put her hands on her waist. 

"What? Just because I know how to fix a chariot I automatically know how to fly a Jupiter?"

"Well, do you." Penny asked. 

(y/n) dropped her hands and looked away. "Maybe, but we still need to get a Jupiter. And from what I remembers, yours is under watch 24/7." 

"Okay, so we get help." 

Penny sighed and started climbing back up. "I'll go find Judy. You two stay here and out of trouble."

The two nodded as the watched her exit the garbage dump and out the door.  

Will looked around, attempting to find something interesting to do before something flashed through his mind. "Oh, I almost forgot." 

(y/n) looked at the boy confused as he reach towards his neck to grab a piece of rope. Pulling it over his head, he walked towards the girl and placed something in her hand.

It was her ring.

(e/c) eyes started to brighten. "You still have it." The girl whispered out. "I thought you lost it or something."

"What? Of course not. This ring means a lot to you, I couldn't lose something so important so I made it into a necklace."

The girl smiled at the boy. "Thank you Will." 

The boys stomach began to flutter, causing him to stutter. "Y-Yeah, no problem." 

(y/n) traced the inside of the ring, to where her initials were before looking up to Will and reached her arm out. "You should keep it."