3.20

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.5k words

— — — — 

"Do you remember when this all started? We all just wanted a fresh start. Not just a new home, but a fresh start with each other. And no matter how many different times things have gone wrong, to haven spent this time together. I don't regret anything.

Mom, dad. I love you. I try to be like you both everyday. 

And, Judy, you never left my side.

And, Penny, you always had my back.

Don, you were like a brother to me.

And, Smith, maybe you're not so bad after all.

And, (y/n), thank you for always being there for me. I cherish all the times we've spent together. 

Robot, you're the best friend I ever had. Take care of my family for me.

I'm doing this so you can all survive because you're what matters most to me.

You're my family, and I love you. I just hope it's enough."

Everything was a blur. 

Racing towards Will and seeing his limp body was not a sight that (y/n) was prepared for. John and Don carried Will's body back into the Jupiter as he laid limp and pale. 

(y/n) could barely follow the family as they ran to the medical room. With shaky hands and blurry eyes, she just managed to catch what the Robinsons were saying.

"Get his jacket undone." Judy ordered. Maureen rushed to his suit, zipping it all the way down. "His pulse is there, just barely." 

A light beep in the background was heard, and it gave hope to the family. But after seeing the color drain from Will's face, the hope drained away.

"It's okay, I'm here. Dad's here." Maureen said to her son, turning to speak to Penny. "Let's get his suit off."

"Okay." Penny whispered out, lightly lifting Will up and taking off his jacket. 

(y/n) stood near the doorway, watching it all go down with silent tears down her cheeks. Part of her blamed herself for not being able predict such thing, especially with Will's recent behavior. 

But deep down, she knew that she couldn't change anything. 

She watched as John walked out of the room, standing face-to-face with robot.

"You were supposed to stop this from happening. We trusted you. You were supposed to protect him!" John yelled at him. Taking his fury out on robot by punching robot's gut.