3.24

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.3k words

— — — — 

A loud alarm was blaring within the hospital.

This awoke Will from his slumber, looking at the nurse who just entered in slight panic. "Those are civil defense alarms!"

"Settle down." The woman told him. Attempting to calm down the boy's nerves.

"Are we being attacked by robots?" 

"I'm sorry, I don't have any information now. Let's not overtax your new heart." The woman reassured, only to be interrupted by Penny, Judy and robot storming in the room.

"We're being attacked by robots." The redhead hurriedly said, before pointing over to robot. "He already beat up three of them, but not before they broke into the dam which turned off the shields, which turned on the sirens."

"So what are we gonna do?" Will asked them.

"We? No. Your condition is stable as long as you stay in bed." Judy told her brother, watching as his face grew in pain when he moved.

"It's fine." Will ignored Judy's words, getting ready to stand up when another person entered the room.

"Will Robinson, sit back down. You're not going anywhere." (y/n) narrowed her eyes at the boy, arms crossed in seriousness. And though reluctant, Will sat back down with his eyes softening when he gazed over to her.

"Where'd you go anyway, (y/n)?" Penny asked the younger girl.

"Had to call my family, don't want them to think I was abducted by the robots. Or by you guys." (y/n) replied, muttering the last bit of the sentence.

And though Penny had heard the last of her statement, she nodded as agreeing with the girl.

Judy sighed and walked closer to Will. "If you overexert yourself, you can suffer allograft rejection."

"I know. And then my heart will fail."

"And then you'll die."

Penny's eyes widened at their unusual calm tone about the possibility of Will's death. "So, let's not do that."

Robot went closer to Will, putting his hand over Will's chest to feel his heart beat. "Yeah, we both have mechanical hearts now." The boy joked. 

"We're gonna make it through this." Will smiled at Judy's words. Holding her hand as Penny joined in. 

Their sibling moment didn't last long as the nurse from before returned. "We're going to have to start transferring Will in to one of the Chariots."

Everyone agreed as the sisters began to head out. (y/n) gave Will a sad look, slightly upset that she didn't get a chance to speak with him.