2.10

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.0k words

— — — — —

The four landed with a huff. Having to jump off ropes as the Jupiter was unable to land for the fear of being contaminated. 

"So, the Chariots are all quarantined. Does that mean we're gonna walk across the desert?" Will asked Ben, who was kneeling down to fetch something from his bag

"Is that a problem?" 

Will stuttered, "Uh no, I mean. No it's fine."

"Will, do I look like the kind of guy that would drag my backside 60 miles on foot." Ben smiled and nodded his head to behind the boy. A man one a horse was leading four other horses to their direction.

"Sent over by the camp." Ben patted his shoulder.

The three immediately went over to the horses and began petting them. 

"Aren't you beautiful," Maureen smiled brightly, "Just like at Grandma's."

"Yeah, except you never let me have my own horse cause I was too little." Will joked, putting his stuff in the bag that the horse carried.

"Well, now you've not only got a horse, you've got a robot. What do you say we go find him." Ben stated. Lifting the briefcase he had on the floor and onto the horse.

The four were ready to do so when someone spoke from Maureen's communicator."So you come all the way down here and you don't say hello?" 

"John. Judy told me what happened, but you're getting bandaged up now, right? Are you okay?"

"Well, I, uh I will be soon."

"Okay, well you got a good doctor." 

Overhearing his mother's conversation, Will went towards her to greet his farther. "Hey dad."

"Will, hey. Where are you guys now? If you're gonna go and get the robot, I want to be with ya."

Judy denied the idea due to the health of her father."Uh, no. You're not going anywhere except for the Resolute."

"Listen, we're alright and we're not alone. Adler and (y/n) are here with us."

Eavesdropping on their conversation as well, Ben walked over and began to talk to John. "Hey John, it's Ben. Listen, I lived down here for a year this place has nothing I haven't already seen. Trust me, I wouldn't bring your family anywhere I wouldn't bring my own."

"Hey Will, take good care of your mom. Make sure she doesn't do anything crazy."

Maureen scoffed. "Says the guy with the hole in his side."

"Fair point. I love you."

"I love you." Maureen repeated, before turning off the call and getting onto her horse. Ben and Will followed though the former had a little trouble. 

"First time?" Maureen asked the man.

"Uh, no. It's just been awhile."

"How long's a while."

"Uh, forty years or so." Maureen laughed. "I'm kidding. As you imagine, I've been kind of locked away."

"Well let's get you unlocked. We don't have much daylight left. Should make track while we can. Come on (y/n)."

The girl clicked her tongue and rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Yeah about that. There might be a problem."

"What's wrong?" Will asked her.

"I don't know how the ride a horse." The other three stared at her owlishly. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"You known how to build a Chariot, survive on an empty spaceship with a killer alien robot for a year, have the Jupiter protocols practically implanted in your brain and you don't know how to ride a horse?" Will questioned. 

(y/n) scoffed and responded with a tense but teasing voice. "Apologies cowboy but not everyone has had to luxury to be on a farm, let alone learn how to ride a horse."

The boy laughed, getting off his horse to help (y/n) on hers. "Okay, you're gonna put your left foot there and push yourself up to swing your leg to the other side. Than you'll be sitting on the saddle." 

(y/n) did as she was told but had some struggle lifting herself up. Will moved closer and put his hands on her waist. (y/n) panicked and turned her head to the side to face Will with a blushed face. "What are you doing?!"

"Helping you up?" Will answered, tilting his head in confusion.

"R-Right." (y/n) nodded at his answer and turned back forward so the boy was unable to see her beet red face. 

With the help from the boy, (y/n) was able to get onto the saddle. "Now you see that thing attached to the horse's mouth, it's called a rein and it's used to move the horse." 

Will got onto his horse and began using the rein to walk around the girl and her horse. "You just lightly whip it to get them moving and turn towards the direction you want to go. Now you try." 

(y/n) copied his actions, grabbing the rein and lightly whipping it to signal the horse to start walking. When her horse began walking, her body stiffened with Will noticing this action. "Relax, your horse is able to feel your emotions so you need to calm yourself."

The girl huffed. "Easier said than done." But she took the advice anyways and forced herself to relax. And within a minute or so, she was circling around Will like he had done before. 

"You're doing it!" Will shined a proud smiled at the girl, "I knew you could." The girl let out a laugh and returned the smile.

The two adults, watching from the side, had their hearts warmed at the scene, but having to move in order to cover as much ground, Maureen interrupted their moment. "Hey guys, let's get going before the sun rises."

The two kids nodded before they narrowed their eyes at each other. "Race you to that hoodoo!" They both sped up on their horses, leaving the two adults behind to talk.

"So uh, (y/n) tells me that her and Will are just friends, is that true?" Ben asked, emphasizing the just.

Maureen lightly shook her head and smiled. "It's quite obvious isn't it."

"Painfully." Ben joked. 

"Well, their young and have their whole lives ahead of them, I'm sure they'll figure out their feelings eventually." 

"Something tells me that (y/n) has already figured out her feelings."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

The two adults laughed with each other, finally feeling a happy and calm atmosphere ever since returning to the Resolute. 

𖨆