3.14

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

Waiting inside the Fortuna was torture for all the kids. They all hoped to see their parents for a long awaited reunion. 

(y/n) was one of those kids. The only difference was that she didn't have any parents to wait for her. 

Unconsciously biting her lip, she glanced at Will to see a slight frown on his face. He looked lost in though so she nudged him. "You okay?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. Just nervous." (y/n) gave the boy a soft look and a peck on the cheek.

"Everything will be fine Will. Stop worrying and focus on seeing your parents."

Will nodded, the frown on his lips turned upwards into a small smile. 

"Preparing for docking at Jupiter 2." Judy said over the comms.

All the kids hastily stopped up and formed a line to the entrance, murmurs of excitement flowing through the area.

"You go first, I'll make sure no one else is left on board." (y/n) told the boy.

"No, it's okay. I'll wait with you." 

"Will, it's fine. Just go meet with you parents." 

Will looked at the girl hesitantly, before seeing her teeth biting her bottom lip. "I know something's wrong. You're biting your lip and you only do that when you're nervous about something."

(y/n) let her lip go and sighed. "It's hard, Will. Knowing that your parents aren't going to be there to see you anymore. I-It's scary. I know it's stupid, I had two years to get over it but-"

Will stopped the girl's ramble by putting his hands on her shoulders. "(y/n). It's okay to miss your parents. After everything you've been through, you never really got a moment to mourn them." He pulled her into a hug when tears started flowing down her cheeks. "When we get to Alpha Centauri, we'll go through the mourning process together. I promise."

Saying those words broke Will's heart. He knew he was going to leave eventually, and yet he continued his promises with the girl. 

(y/n) stepped back from the hug and wiped her tears before looking at the boy. "Thank you, Will." 

Please don't thank me.

"Of course." Will gave the girl a sad smile before shifting into a happy smile. "Now, you ready to be tackled with hugs?"

(y/n) laughed. "More than ready." 

The two, side-by-side, stepped out of the Fortuna before running towards Maureen and John. 

"Will! (y/n)!" The two parents crushed the teens into a giant hug. 

"Look at you Will! You've gotten so tall." Maureen praised the boy. "And you (y/n)! You've gotten so much prettier!"

The two blush at the comments, flustered by all the overwhelming emotions and compliments. 

From the corner of (y/n)'s eyes, she saw a very familiar looking man. Her eyes filled with tears once more as she ran over to him. "Don!" She yelled. 

The man stretched his arms out when the girl practically talked him. "I missed you kid!" 

"I missed you too Don!" He smiled brightly at the girl, squeezing her until she laughed for him to stop.

"Jeez, you look a lot better than I remember. You had snot and tears running down you-"

(y/n) jokingly hit the man's arms before pulling him into another hug. "I'm so glad you're here."

Don softened as he kissed the girl's head. "Me too. But I'm right, aren't I? We ended up seeing each other again, just like I planned." 

"You're right." (y/n) sniffled, tears of happiness flowing in her eyes, "And I'm so glad you're right." 

"Okay, that decoy's not gonna last for long. Everybody find their family." Judy announced to the room. "Head back to your Jupiter. We don't have much time."

Don and (y/n) separated from the hug, with (y/n) wiping her tears away and Don walking closer to Judy. 

"Do what your captain says. And listen carefully, we've assigned transports to anyone who doesn't have their own Jupiter." Don said to the crowd. "So A through I, you're with the Azevedos. J through Q, you're with the Dhars. The rest of you with the Watanabes."

Everyone immediately began to scatter and chat with the other survivors. Excitement and happiness in the atmosphere. 

John walked towards (y/n), patting her shoulder. "And of course, you'll be with the Robinsons." 

(y/n) smiled at the man. "Wouldn't have it any other way." The two laughed as they began to follow the other Robinsons out until the hallway.

"Don." John called out to the man in front. "We need to uncouple from the base now."

"On it." Don scattered away from the group as Maureen looked around.

"Where's robot?"

"He's still on the Fortuna." Will answered. 

"No time to transfer the engine. Tell him to open the Rift from there." Maureen told him.

"And hold it until we get though." John said to his son, who nodded and walked away. 

While walking into the med bay to release a certain individual, Will stumbled across Damian—to which a thought ran through his mind.

"Damian." Will called to the boy, who turned to him confused. "I need to talk to you really quickly."

"Look, we're about to leave so I'm sure it can wait-"

"It's about (y/n)." Damian stopped talking and narrowed his eyes at the boy. "What ever happens, if something happens, I need you to look after her for me." 

"Hey Robinson, are you planning on doing something stupid?"

"Not stupid, just-" Will was suddenly pushed against the wall. He groaned, having hit his head, before feeling a pair of  hands held tightly around the collar of his spacesuit. 

Will hesitantly looked into Damian's eyes, only to see a furious and harsh glare looking right back at him.

"Listen here you little shit, I really don't know who you are and I really don't care. (y/n) seems to trust you, a lot, and you mean a lot to her. So if you're planning on doing something that'll get her hurt, I won't hesitate to tell everyone on this fucking Jupiter."

"If you do that, everyone's lives will be in danger."

Damian paused and tightened his fists. "Does (y/n) know about this?"

"No, and I don't plan on getting her involved anymore. She's been hurt too many times, and-" Will took a small pause in his words before continuing. "-and it's hard to watch the girl you're in love with be hurt because of you."

Damian's gaze softened, taking his hands off of Will with a scoff and shoved the small bits of hair away from his face. "I might not like your decision, but I have to respect it. (y/n)'s means a lot to me, so don't hurt her by not coming back, okay?"

Will let's out a sigh of relief before straightening up. "Thank you, and I'm sorry." 

"Don't apologize. Just get back to (y/n) in one piece. Then I'll accept your apology." 

𖨆