2.06

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

"(y/n)." 

The girl turned around in confusion to see the man from earlier. Ben Adler. 

"Oh uh, hello Ms. Adler." The girl stuttered, glancing around for a possible escape.

"There's no need to be nervous (y/n), I just need to talk to you about something. Could you spare a few minutes." The man asked politely, giving the girl a small smile.

The girl hesitantly nodded as the man got closer and showed her some locked files on his IPad.

"As you see, these files are locked, crypted to ensure that only those we knew the passcode could see it." The girl's eyes widened in realization.

"But as the rest of the survivors were on the planet, seeking temporary shelter. The files were opened just under a few months ago. Now, the only other people on the ship were-"

"Yeah yeah, I hacked into the files." The girl huffed, already disliking the way he was dragging on.

"Why?"

The girl raised her brow and tilted her head, "I'm a child on a giant, empty spaceship with no source of entertainment. What did you expect?"

Adler sighed but slightly agreed with the girl's words. "Then I suppose you know about scarecrow."

The girl went silent. Finding the floor much more interesting than the conversation she was having with the man.

"I hope you know (y/n), that we have good intentions-" Ben started to talk, reaching to pat the girl's shoulder but she moved away.

"I know you do. I just wish he didn't have to suffer." (y/n) said quietly, but loud enough for the man in front of her to hear. 

Without another word, she began to walk away and towards the Jupiter that the Robinson family were temporarily staying in. As (y/n) walked in, she went towards the hub to see only Penny and a girl.

"Hey Penny, where's Will?"  The voiced of the (h/c) attracted the attention of both Penny and the girl.

"Oh, he was actually going to see (y/n)." Penny awkwardly smiled, sending invisible signals that (y/n) did not understand.

"(y/n)? But she's right here-" (y/n) began but was interrupted when Penny let out an awkward laugh, cutting her off.

"Well you know how Will is right, in fact, I'm sure he's looking for you so I'll see you later?" 

"Um okay, I guess I'll see you later?" The girl questioned as Penny nodded her head aggressively. As she left, Penny let out a sigh of relief. 

The whole reason for wanting (y/n) to walk away quickly was so that the girl in front of her wouldn't be hurt if she thought that Will's excuse to leave was only to ditch her.