2.15

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

All of them took a moment to themselves before they silently agreed to start heading to the Jupiter.

"Do you want to ride on my horse Will?" Maureen asked her son to which he shook his head.

"I-I think I'm gonna ride with (y/n), is that okay?" 

The woman softly smiled at her son. "Of course." 

Will went over to (y/n), who was already waiting for him. "You wanna sit in front or behind." 

"I'll sit in front." Will said, to which the girl nodded. He got on the horse first before aiding her to go behind him. The group eventually start their journey, as (y/n) wrapped her arms around Will's waist to steady herself.

This action caused Will to stiffen and his stomach to flutter. But because he could feel the sadness emitting from the girl, he temporarily ignored his feelings.

"Are you okay?" He could feel the girl nod against his shoulder.

"Just tired." The girl sighed and snuggled into his neck. "Let's just hope we don't have any more complications on our way back to Alpha Centauri." 

"Don't worry, once we get robot to attach the engine, we'll be on our way." 

Will smiled when he heard the girl hum, his words seemed to have soothed her mind. And within a few minutes, they had reached their destination. 

Ben's eyes narrowed at the container. "Let's get the robot loaded first. Then unpack the horses." 

Will slid off the horse and turned to help (y/n). "You get him on the Jupiter, I'll unpack the horse." 

The boy nodded and turned towards the robot. "Come on." 

The two were almost there when Ben stopped them. "Will. Listen to me, you do realize the importance of what you've done here? A lot of people are finally gonna get to go home and see their families."

"Don't thank me, thank him." The man looked at the robot and noticed something in his hand. It was Gypsy's name tag.

"Did you or (y/n) give him that?" 

"No. I guess he wanted something to remember him by." The two started to walk again before Ben interrupted once more. 

"Wait, change of plans. We're not gonna use that storage container. We'll find another way onto the Jupiter, that's a little less uncomfortable."

(y/n) looked at Will in confusion to which the boy shrugged. They didn't understand what was happening but they guessed that Ben knew what he was doing. 

-----

The once group of four turned into a group of six and two of the guards joined them on the Resolute. 

Maureen turned on her communicator. "Maureen here."

"When can I start sending up the rest of our people?" The voice of Victor spoke. (y/n) shivered, she still had that lecture waiting for her.

"You haven't stated yet? Why?"

"I was hoping you could tell me. There's been no order yet. The Jupiter in camp are still grounded."

Maureen looked to Ben. "I don't know anything about it. Really."

"As far as I know, they're still dealing with the quarantine. They're probably just double checking the docking bays."

"Right. Maureen, when you get to the Resolute, tell my son I'll see him soon."

"I will Victor." The communication cut off and Will used this to get robot's attention.

"Hey. When we get back up there, things are gonna be different than last time. This time you're gonna save everyone." 

"And you might get looks from people but it's okay. They just don't understand how great you are." (y/n) smiled at the robot. To which he returned it—or at least she thinks he did. 

When they finally docked the Resolute, Ben and the guards excused themselves first before the last four made their way out. The walk to Jupiter 2 was interesting to say the least. They were greeted with a lot of stares, some from familiar faces. 

But by the time they made it inside the Jupiter, they were met with Ben and Hastings.

The later gave a fake smile to them. "We're ready." 

Will turned towards robot. "Robot, remove the engine from the Jupiter 2." Robot made no attempt to do so and turned towards the kids. Will glanced nervously to the man as robot complied to Will's actions. 

He touched the engine as it glowed blue, absorbing back the wires that were attached to the walls. 

"Hastings to bridge, it's working." He said before a screeching sound came from his device. 

"It jams short-range radio signals." (y/n) informed the man to which the man nodded.

"Well you two are the expert. In fact, you guys just might be the most important person on this ship right now." The man moved towards Maureen. "Maureen, if it's okay with Will, I'd like to have a word. Somethings happened while you were gone." 

The woman crossed her arms. "What things?" 

"It's better if we speak in private." The man began to walk away to which Maureen looked at her son as he nodded and gave (y/n) a look. 

Because Ben's focus was on Will—or more rather than robot—he was distracted. She sneakily left and slipped out to eavesdrop on the other two's conversation.

"Alien ships. How many are we talking about?"

"It's hard to tell, but give our history with these machines, I wouldn't stick around and make an accurate count."

"How-How many people know?"

"A select few. Adler, Captain Kamal, and your husband."

"You told John?"

"He, uh, well, he actually found out on his own. Broke into a high-security information vault."

"That sounds like him."

"You understand that I had to place him under house arrest, just for appearances. You know, once we get to the colony, we can all share drink and laugh about it, but till then, I can't be seen to be playing favorites."

"All right. I'll make sure the systems are ready, so when the engine's in place and all the people on the planet are back on board, we'll be ready to go."

"That'd be great." As (y/n) started to hear Maureen's steps coming closer, she turned back and began to make her way to Will's side. Once she slipped back inside, the engine had fully separated itself from the Jupiter. 

"I think that means we're ready." Will said to Ben.

"Now let's move it to the engine room." The man patted the boy before walking first to which (y/n) walked to Will. 

"Well?"

"Apparently the Resolute is being transmitted signals from alien ships. But they think that by the time we get the engine to the Resolute, we'll be out before the they get to us." 

The boy was alarmed. "You don't think they're here for that do you?"

"I don't know Will, I don't know. 

𖨆