3.10

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words𖨆

— — — — —

"This is Will Robinson and (y/n) (l/n) of the 24th Colonist Group. We're making a record of this because, we've discovered the most important archaeological site in history. And we've only got 19 hours before we leave." 

Will turned to camera around to face (y/n), who was slightly shivered. "This is some serious deja vu."

The boy chuckled as the pair started to go deeper into the tunnels. "This chamber appears to be heavily damaged, not from the passage of time, but from some cataclysmic event."

The duo walked closer to the fallen pillars, inspecting it with their flash lights.

(y/n) spotted something and stepped closer. "Is that-?"

"Pyroclastic ash. This room took the brunt of a volcanic event. Here, hold this." Will passed the camera to (y/n) as he took off his bag. "I'll get a sample." 

"You don't think this planet has a secret volcano again, do you?" The (h/c) haired girl asked.

"Unlikely. It wouldn't make sense on how it would be able to burn a secret underground civilization." (y/n) hummed at his response as the boy took out a container, accidently knocking his flashlight over to face the other side. 

She looked at where the flashlight was now shining and yelped backwards. Will stood up hastily, turning around to spot any danger.

Instead, it was a skeleton of a dead creature. (y/n) hesitantly stepped towards it, making sure t flash the camera in it's direction.  

"W-We just found skeletal remains." Will stuttered out.

"But of what?" 

Will walked closer and closer, squatting down to touch the bones as he examined it. "They built the robots in their own image. I guess wanting to see yourself in what you make is human nature."

"Even if you're not human." (y/n) whispered out. Will stood up, stepping close to the edge as he looked down. He accidently kicked a rock down, but the two never heard it land.

"And there is a bridge that drops into infinity. Huh. Great. Just great." The boy walked closer to the ledge and grabbed a flare from his gun. (y/n) carefully stepped beside him as the two watched as the flare brightened up the platforms below them. Showing thousands of skeletal remains. 

Will gulped as the two felt shivers down their spine. "What happened to them?"

"Will. I know you want to study this place but I don't think we should stay in here any longer." (y/n) told the boy, slightly gripping the sleeve of his sweater. 

Will took the hand on his sleeved and intertwined it with his. "Just a little longer. Please?"

(y/n) was hesitant but she agreed. Will gave her a smile as the two explored further, squeezing into the next room. The two looked in the center of the room to see a thousands metal plates on a mental rim.

"It looks like some kind of control panel." Will said to the camera, making (y/n) move it closer. "Wait, are those handprints?" 

"Their natural oil must have somehow attracted the dust." (y/n) spoke, turning the camera back to the boy. 

Will lifted his hand and hovered over one of the metal plates. "Here goes." He placed his hand on it, but nothing happened. He tried tapping on the other plates but it was all the same reaction. Nothing.

Will turned back to where the two came from, an idea stemming from his head. As he squeezed back to the other side, he apologized to the skeleton. "I'm really sorry about this." 

"Will, don't-" It was too late, (y/n) winced as Will ripped the arm off the skeleton. "May you rest in peace, alien creature."

The two went back to the plates as Will places the skeletal hand on the plates. But this time, there was a response. A familiar alien noise was made as the plate glowed a golden color.

The only problem was that the room began to shake.

"It's a variation on the sound the robot's spaceship transmitted, and a lot louder." Will said to the camera. "We always thought that the sounds we heard were just feedback or interference, the way their technology interacted with ours."

"But they were more than that." Will places the hand on another plate as the same sound echoed in the room causing the room to shake once more, but this time with more force.

"I think they might all be different." (y/n) looked at the boy confused as he placed the hand on another plate. The same sound echoed but with a high pitched shrieking following it.

The two winced at the volume and pitch of the voice, not realizing that the room was slowly crumbling. 

"I don't suppose one of these is the volume control." Will joked. 

"We don't even know if these guys have ears, I'm sure they won't have a problem with the sound." The two chuckled as Will placed the hand once more. This time, a more deep sound echoed.

Will seemed to be in a trance as he continued his actions. But it only caused for the room to shake with loose rocks following down below. 

"Um Will. I think we should stop." (y/n) warned the boy, stepped backwards when a few rocks landed to the right of her.

"I'm almost done. Just a few more left for the camera to record." Will attempted to place the hand on another plate but it seemed to have other plans as a claw broke off. 

The boy's eyes widened as he picked the claw up and attempted to connected the bones back together. "Come on, come on." 

The aliens sounds played once more but it seemed to reach the limit for the place as everything began to crumble downwards. 

The two kids looked up in shock before booking out of the room and towards the exit. The were close before the floor in front of them broke apart, falling into the abyss below. 

The two gave each other a nod before they jumped across. Both landed roughly on the ground when they heard a voice. 

"Will! (y/n)! Get out of there!" Judy yelled towards them. 

"What do you think we're doing?!" Will hastily replied back, rushing to get on his feet while helping (y/n). The two ran quick and carefully as they tried to make it to the exit but the alien door seemed to be closing.

"No! The door! I can't close it!" Judy attempted to push the walls to see if there was a chance to trigger the door to stop.

Smith, who led Judy to the area, pulled out a crowbar and slammed it between the doors. Will slide inside first, moving quickly to allow the girl behind him to slide inside. 

On (y/n)'s way inside, she dropped the camera on the floor in front of the door. Will saw this and moved to grab it in a rush. Right before the door slammed shut.

He luckily did not lose an arm and was still able to retrieve the camera.

"Are you two okay?" The older girl asked the two.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so." Will said, slightly sweating. 

Smith looked at split crowbar in her hand, slightly dazed with how she was able to keep the door open. Will looked between the other piece on the ground to her.

"It's a good thing you had that with you." 

𖨆