3.21

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.4k words

— — — — 

Home?

(y/n) had forgotten that she was supposed to have a life on Alpha Centauri. One that didn't revolve around robots, running away from them, nor planning how to destroy them. 

"I-I don't know. Will's in surgery right now and we don't know his condition yet-"

Don cut off the girl's rambling by putting his hands on her shoulders. "I'll wait here for more news on Will while you go home to your family. If there's anything, I'll contact you, okay?" 

(y/n) was hesitant. She didn't want to leave Will's side, but she knew that his family was already there to comfort him. So, nodding slowly,  she agreed to the man's compromise. "Okay."

Kenji thanked the man, sending Don the address of their home in case he wanted to stop by. And after saying their goodbyes, the two siblings left and got into a transport.

(y/n) stayed quiet for the entirety of the ride and Kenji respected that. While driving, he turned on the radio that he attached to the vehicle and began to hum to the tune.

With the sound of the light hums and the view of the planet's landscape; (y/n) felt relaxed. 

Not the temporary relaxation when something major ended, but feeling truly comfort from the surrounded space.

She hadn't felt like that in years. 

"Hey," (y/n) turned towards her brother to see his gaze in front of them. "Welcome home."

The (h/c) girl shifted her gaze towards the front. What she saw was not what she expected.

The house was beautiful. Much different from the houses made back on Earth.

It's exterior design was made out of a combination of wood and stone, with tinted windows covering the walls. 

Walking in, (y/n) felt different emotions. She didn't know how or what to feel, not with Will still looming in the back of her mind.

So when she stepped through the doors and was greeted by her grandmas, she broke down. Tears streamed down her cheeks as the words of concern began to emit from her family.

"Why are you crying?"

"What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?" 

Hands wrapped around her body as she looked up. Those hands belonged to her grandmas, she hadn't seen the couple since their departure to Alpha Centauri five years ago.  

"I-I" She stuttered out, trying to get a sentence out of her clogged throat, but her attempts ended when she was silenced.

"It's okay, it's okay." The asian lady cooed.