Part 11

(2000+ words)

(2000+ words)

Sayantika's pov.

One month, it's been one month of me being a wife of Abhimaan Raichand. The most heartless man I've ever come across.

It's been close to one month of me being jobless. I tried to search for a job but couldn't find any. I had to use the money from my savings , I am blessed to have supportive parents who never ask me for money, even if they have any shortage of it, but I feel it's my responsibility to give them something.

Even mom said it's better for me to leave my job and later I told her that I was already fired from it. She was like, you don't need to do a job in a cafe or anywhere, just concentrate on your studies; you are now a daughter-in-law of Raichand. Why can't she just understand that I want to do something on my own. I don't need his money, at least not when he never leaves the opportunity of taunting and mocking me.

Mr Raichand is out of the city from last week to attend some of his meetings in Delhi branch with his dad. I stayed in the penthouse all alone for 4 days and then I went to the village to meet my parents as I was missing them.

Avni Maa called me to the Raichand mansion today as her husband and son are returning today, and she is preparing some delicious feast

This is the first time I am going to my In-law's mansion that I don't want to, but I have to.

Avni maa even sent a saree for me to wear today; it's off-white in color with a golden sleeveless blouse.

After taking a shower, I wore the saree which took me 15 mins as I don't really wear sarees and it's quite difficult to wrap and do pleats.

Satisfied with it, I towel dry my hair and combed it leaving my hair open; makeup isn't my thing but still I did it not wanting to look like a zombie, as I had dark circles because of not getting enough sleep.

After the moisturizer, I applied the concealer to hide my dark circles and the compact powder. I chose to apply the little bit of blush as well, and then a nude lipstick. Satisfied with it, I filled my hairline and wore my favorite ear studs. I didn't wear any neckpieces on my neck except the nuptial chain. And of course the wedding ring.

After spraying the cologne, I grabbed the phone, which was ringing continuously flashing Dev's name.

Why can't this boy understand?

Blocking his number, I put my phone on silent mode and grabbed my purse and wore my flats as I am not used to wearing heels, though I can wear it, but I chose comfort over style.

________________

Sayantika was awed by the outer beauty of the Raichand mansion, the huge fountain in the middle, the gazebo at the side , the greenery garden , the swimming pool and what not.

She was nowhere closed to them and their extravagant lifestyle, and still she was here, the daughter-in-law of them.

Take a deep breath. She finally rang the doorbell and waited for it to open, "My gorgeous lady you finally here" The door opened with an excited Avni giving her a tight hug.