7: 𝑂ℎ ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑠

Kira didn't see much of her uncle. Or of Midoriya, and she definitely didn't see Tenya Iida.

She sat on her couch, watching TV and eating some fruit. As she spent most of her days during the break. "First day of school starts tomorrow..."

Giddy thoughts echoed distantly. There were only about ten apartments in this complex and not all of them had tenants. So when things got quiet, when people went to work she picked up on thoughts from farther away. Like her quirk was searching for stimulation.

But now that she was really listening... These thoughts weren't from a kid.

"It won't be long... It won't be long until he's dead..."

Kira's eyes widened as she did something she never had before. She strained her quirk. Stretching it like a rubber band, pulling it out and expanding her range, looking for this one person.

"What if she thinks I'm stalking her?! No! I'm just on a light jog and I just so happen to be going past the apartment complex she lives in. That's all!"

The rubber band snapped back and she cried out in pain. Holding her head in her hands. As a new person got closer her quirk shot back to focus on them, instead of straining for someone else.

"And if I just so happen to run into her- I can apologize, even though I don't think I did anything bad- No because Tensei said that I made her feel less than, and father agreed-" She felt Tenya's emotions as he thought of that. She felt bitter guilt, harsh disappointment and embarrassment. He had disappointed his father and brother, that was literally his worst nightmare.

The two men he looked up to most and he had done something they disapproved of. It made him really depressed. He wanted to make it better.

And unfortunately the only way he thought to do so was finding Kira and apologizing to her in person. Then making friends with her again and telling his family that he had made it up to her.

"I wish she hadn't blocked me. Maybe I should give up on this..."

She ducked below her window, thankful he didn't know which one she lived in. She was so glad she had never invited him inside.

He stayed standing for just a few seconds before running again. "I probably shouldn't come here again... I should just give up..."
He left, jogging back to his home.

'Thank God...' Kila thought. She rubbed her head. 'What was I thinking about before that?' She asked herself. But nothing really came to mind. She just kept thinking about Tenya's pathetic thoughts.

She felt a little bad for the boy. But also what the fuck was he doing showing up at her apartments?! It was mildly creepy.

Kira then got distracted again, with steaming her uniform in preparation for school in the morning. Princeton University actually had European roots, and the uniform somewhat reflected that. The tan and brown plaid skirt came down to her knees. The school clearly valued modesty. She had a red and gold stripped tie and a tan sweater vest. Along with her brown blazer with the school's crest on it. With gre socks that went up mid calf and leather Maryjanes that pinched her feet.

The worst part of this dress code?

No personal touches were allowed.
No makeup,
No pins
No colorful hair ties, (the only hair appropriate styles were ponytail or short pinned back with a black hair clip.)
You must wear the standard uniform socks, shoes and ties.
No jewelry or accessories of any kind.

They were really squashing her individuality. And she was sure that was the point. Pump out a bunch of women that were exactly the same.

It was bullshit.

°.•.°•.°•.°

And the reality was much worse. Her homeroom teacher smacked at the old-fashioned black board with the stick she carried around. "Ladies. I will state these rules only once. There will be, Immediate, punishment, for, anyone! Who, breaks, these, rules." She hit her hand with the stick after each word. "ANYONE." She repeated.

"No matter who your relatives are. No one is beyond discipline I'll show them that."

Mrs Sho's thoughts reflected almost exactly what she said out loud. She was very honest and believed in what she spoke. Kira actually kinda respected that.

"No gum or sweets on campus."

"No slouching."

"No burping, slurping or crying."

"Do not speak until being called upon by name."

"Do not contradict your professors."

"No gossip or chatter between the bells."

"When sitting at your desk you must sit straight, with both feet on the ground and your head facing whoever is speaking."

"Do not break any uniform rules."

"Comply to uniform inspections and gradings without question."

'Do not have a personality or soul.'
Kira thought rolling her eyes.

"Do NOT roll your eyes."
The teacher snapped, stopping her pacing to stand across from Kira. She leaned forward.
"What is you name ma'am?"

Kira stared up at her. Not answering.

"WHAT is your name?" Mrs Sho asked again. She would shilly yell a single word per sentence.

Kira slowly wiped a small spot of spit off of her cheek. "I'm sorry ma'am. But you said I'm not to speak unless called upon by name." Kira stated. Looking the woman dead in her eyes.

She heard giggles behind her, but all the girls quickly masked their expressions.

"Aren't you smart. But I asked you a question. WHAT is your name?!" She leaned in. Kira tried not to focus on the womans large mole. Right by her nose. It was dark and had several hairs growing out of it.

"Trouble maker. I can see it all over her face."
The teacher thought, narrowing her eyes at Kira.

"Kokoa. Kira, Kokoa." Kira introduced herself with a polite smile. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Quite."
The teacher hissed.

"NO disrespecting of your teacher."
She said, her voice cracking when she said the word 'No'. She backed away from Kira's desk.
"No sarcasm."

"No teasing or bullying."

"No daydreaming in class."

The teacher listed more and more rules.
Each type of rule had a different correlating punishment. Getting more and more intense. From a black mark in your record to expulsion.

Yeah... This was gonna be a fun year.