81: 𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛

A/N: I'm backkkk

Kira held back a scream as a slow burning she had never felt before gripped her skin. The layers of her skin crumbling away, their ashes covering her exposed muscle.

It felt like someone was skinning her alive. Like they had pressed a hot iron into her skin to melt it all away.

He was holding his quirk back. He wasn't trying to kill her, he was threatening her. Showing her he could kill her. She grabbed his hand, nails digging into the skin of his wrist. But his grip was iron and he was too strong for her to pull away.

He stared at her face as it contorted in pain. Enjoying her expression and how she was trying not to scream.

A loud alarm went off and a cheery female robot voice ran out. "Attention shoppers! The mall will be closing immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please leave any unpurchased items and exit the building immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Shigaraki narrowed his eyes and looked up. His hand lifting. Kira swung her elbow into his nose causing it to crack. She bolted up. Grabbing Midoriya by his collar and pulling him away from Shigaraki into the crowd.

She stumbled and limped. Her leg burned, the pain was more intense than anything she had ever felt before. Midoriya grabbed her arm and held her up, stopping her from falling as they ran out the building.

"You should have shot him." He grunted.

"I was bluffing, moron." Kira said, gritting her teeth. Her skin felt hot and her eyes were holding back tears. "I don't have a gun, I'm fifteen."

"You don't?!" He asked. "Are you crazy?"

"Jeez. I think what you mean to say is 'thank you.' Really how many times am I gonna have to save your ass? Because right now I'm up to three. And it's getting annoying."
Kris glared at him as he practically carried her limping ass out of the mall. Her arm around his shoulder, just like how she had helped him after the alley after the stain attack.

"Did you call the police?" He asked as he walked her to a bench outside the mall.

"No, but I told Bakugou and the guys to get security. They probably called them in-" Kira hissed as she moved her leg just slightly. She looked down and saw a wound the size and shape of Shigaraki's hand pressed into her thigh. Grasping her right above the knee. "Fuck."

That was definitely going to leave a scar.

There wasn't really any blood. It was like a burn or something. Like all of her skin had just been peeled off. She was taking deep breaths, trying not to pass out over the white hot pain. She looked away and bit her knuckles.

"Hey guys!" A classmate called when the group gathered outside saw them. Uraraka had done what Kira asked. Getting any students she saw to wait outside, telling them it was Kira's idea. They didn't start to worry until the entire mall was evacuated.

"MIDORIYA! KIRA!" Iida said. Walking over and leading the group. "What's going on-"

"KIRA!" Mina gasped when she saw her leg. The classmates stared at the exposed flesh, but some had to look away from the sight.

"I-I'm fine." Kira said, her teeth biting into her hand. "Just and a close call... Is all." She whispered. She was shaking, she really hoped she wasn't being a baby about this.

She liked to think she was handing the pain well. But she really felt like she was about to pass out.

"A close call?!" Uraraka asked in horror. "With what?!"

"I ran into Shigaraki." Midoriya explained. Backing away from Kira, glad he didn't have to deal with her now that there were other students to help her. "I uh... Used my thoughts to catch Kira's attention. She kept him distracted but..."