53: 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑟

A/N: The update is a little later in the day because I woke up with over a hundred notifications?!?! So obviously I spent like an hour scrolling through and reading EVERY comment because that's my favorite thing to do EVER

So anyways here's a chapter 🫶

°.•.°•.°•.°

They stayed until fairly late. It didn't take long at all for everyone to become comfortable around the others. As the hours went on Kirishima noticed that Bakugou didn't yell as much. Instead of screaming he spoke calmly and rationally.

The last time Kirishima spoke to Bakugou while he was so calm was at the USJ attack. When Bakugou explained how they shouldn't bother helping their classmates with low-class villains and should instead take out the Villains method of transportation.

Bakugou spoke the same way now, Kira did the brunt of their research on her computer while Bakugou looked through the books they had brought and Kirishima started the wording of their paper's first draft. Bakugou would randomly calmly correct something. Whether it was just him taking the paper and writing arrows over the page in his red pen, directing where Kirishima should re-word things or rearrange paragraphs. Or even telling Kira what websites were bogus and which ones weren't.

Halfway through their time together Bakugou was comfortable enough to reveal something to Kirishima that he had no idea about.

Bakugou used reading glasses.

He randomly pulled them out of his bag without saying anything, and just put them on before reading again. Neither of the other two students said a single word about it. They just continued reading about Crimson Riot.

"Huh..." Kirishima thought, looking down at his paper. His hand stalling. "Didn't Midoriya say... That Bakugou picked on kids with glasses... And Him for being quirkless?"

He remembered what Midoriya had told his group about Bakugou. When he was "warning" them about his behavior.

Kirishima looked up. "But he wears glasses... And his best friend..." He looked at Kira.

"Is quirkless."

°.•.°•.°•.°

Kira's head was propped on her hand, she scrolled through a few different articles on Riot's teenage years. Then Bakugou's phone started to buzz, he glanced over at it. Seeing A few texts. He cursed under his breath and reached for his iPhone. His phone had a plain black case with orange highlights around the buttons and cameras.

It also had an incredibly broken screen.

But on the cracked screen you could see three texts from the contact "old hag." Which was his mother. He texted back a few times and then rolled his eyes. "My mom wants me home." He grumbled, taking off his glasses.