18: 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠

Kira walked across the cafeteria. A tray with two slices of Pizza and a fruit cup in one hand, and a bottled soda in her other.
She didn't acknowledge Bakugou's shocked look as she dropped her tray onto the table and sat down. "Hey Bakugou." She said, just like the first time she sat down.

His mouth opened and closed as he stared at her. Not bothering to hide his dumbstruck look. "She's... She's just... She's here? But... Didn't he..."

She took her soda off her tray. "Don't hit this one." She told him before taking a bite from her pizza.

"What are you doing?" He whispered. She looked up at him with an eyebrow raised

"Eating. Are you gonna ask me that Everytime I sit by you?" She asked him with a smile. "What? You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you?"

He looked away with a scowl. But he was really just trying to hide his emotions. He felt shock, confusion and most of all...

Overwhelming happiness.

Kira had never felt an emotion so strong. It felt like a firework show, the birth of a child and winning the lottery all rolled into one emotion. Bakugou's mind felt like explosions, but in a good way.

"I'm not gonna ever be able to get rid of you... Am I?" He asked. He sounded almost... Hopeful.

"Nope, you're stuck with me for life buddy. You better get used to it."

°.•.°•.°•.°

Kira stood by Bakugou's side on their way back to class after lunch. He didn't tell her to fuck off, not even once. That was progress.

Kira said something and Bakugou scoffed at the joke before pushing open the door. The class was already in there, they were talking lowly to themselves but then completely stopped. Turning to look at them, specifically Kira.

Bakugou raised an eyebrow with a scoff. "The fuck are you losers looking at?" He snapped. They didn't say anything. Kira already knew what they were thinking and What had happened.

"You're quirkless?!" Jirou suddenly asked with wide eyes. Bakugou glanced over at her with a frown but didn't say anything to her. "That kinda makes her even more fucking awesome though."

"It's weird... That's what Iida said, and Yayorozu confirmed. But I could have sworn when we first met..."

"No wonder she didn't fight Midoriya head on. It would have been suicidal."

"A quirkless kid at UA? Impossible. It shouldn't be allowed."

Kira glanced over at Momo, then at a slightly guilty looking Iida. "Apparently." She said with a casual shrug. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes! You shouldn't be here! It's too dangerous!" Momo said suddenly. "She should NOT be here at UA. Let alone in the hero course. Quirkless people are simple and fragile. She could die, she got lucky in her last fight."

Kira and Bakugou made their ways to their desks and Kira dropped her bag to the ground.

"Let me rephrase that." Kira said, putting her boots on her desk. "Is that a problem that will effect you? I believe I'm capable of making my own choices. Even if it is dangerous, and don't forget Nezu was the one who asked me to be here."

"Quirkless?" Bakugou wondered, glancing at Kira. "That's bullshit."

°.•.°•.°•.°

"I have a question!" Iida said, putting a hand on his desk and standing up in the middle of the class.

Most students rolled their eyes but both Bakugou and Kira immediately turned to each other. Bakugou grinned and they both flipped to the last page of their notebooks together. Pencils ready.