8: 𝑀𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟

"Tomorrow is the day. We have everything planned out perfectly. I wish it wasn't just to get information..."

Kira started awake suddenly. Someone's odd thoughts Echoing in her mind. The voice was that of a man. Far away. The only other person nearby that wasn't dreaming.

He was awake, and so was Kira.
She had heard it before. Several times.

Kira pulled herself up and grabbed a notepad by her bed. Jotting down everything she remembered.

Something about UA and All might several weeks ago

The semester starting "won't be long until he's dead."

"Tomorrow is the day"

"information."

She bit her lip. Eyes tired. It was three a.m the witching hour. She rolled her eyes at that thought. Kira stared at the notes, this was dumb. This person could be thinking about anything. A video game, a TV show, a mental fantasy that they couldn't be held accountable for.

But she jotted everything down anyways.

"There... reporters tomorrow.... because... tip we... earlier. Our little traitor will... Once we have... strike at any time."

The thoughts were muffled, and not only that. Whoever this was was drifting off to sleep. Kira only caught bits and pieces of coherent sentences.

But for some reason... This felt like an actual plot. Like this was actually happening.

'Is it UA? They thought about it weeks ago but... They haven't thought directly about it recently. I don't have any reason to believe it has anything to do with it... Yet.' Kira thought, tapping her pencil on the notepad.

The man was almost asleep now. Kira bit her lip, a small plan forming. She didn't know where he was. But he couldn't be that far away from her. His thoughts would have had to be closer than anyone else's. She grabbed her phone, notepad and slippers before slipping out the window and onto the fire escape. She snuck up to the roof as quietly as possible.

She'd been up here plenty of times before. She liked sitting up here at sunset, or when there was a storm miles away. Or just when she needed to think and get some air.

She looked around and then grabbed a brick.

"Kurigiri... I wonder when... Hopefully... Where..."

He was still awake, but barely. She threw the brick at a trashcan down below, resulting in a loud crash.

"What the hell was that?!" He was woken up, just as Kira had hoped. She pulled out her phone and flashed her flashlight a few times, she flashed it onto the building next to her. Knowing she might be able to tell his location depending on his thoughts as he looked out the window.

"Where is that light coming from?! That noise... It came from the Alley... Probably a dumb cat or something. Someone from that building is probably trying to spot it... Fucking idiots."

Bingo. He's to her left, in one of the apartments next door to her own building.
She chewed on her thumbnail. She still didn't have a face.

And why was she even doing this in the first place? She was just a civilian, she couldn't catch a bad guy. Let alone a bad guy that hadn't even done anything yet. She shook her head, and climbed back into her apartment.

"Who the hell is moving around out there?!"

She froze. The thoughts were getting closer. Only an Alley and a wall separating them. She scrambled and then jumped through her window. Pulling herself off of the floor and slamming her window shut. She yanked the string to close her blinds. They fell and hit her over the head.

As she hit the ground again his thoughts got stronger. He had opened his window and was now looking out. He was in the apartment right next to her own.

She tilted her blinds aside just enough to see through. Red eyes stared at her window from his own. Kira grabbed her phone with trembling hands and tilted it to look through the peephole she had been using. She snapped as many photos as she could.

"Weird, sounded like there was someone out there. Whatever, I can't wait to leave this dump... Master Says... has a place... move into... end of the month. Let's hope... With less people around too.... My face... known before too long..."

He walked away from the window.

Kira breathed in. Her heart was beating quickly in her throat. She didn't know why she was so scared. She pulled her phone back and checked her gallery. There were about ten fuzzy photos of a man peering through his window. He had beady red eyes and light hair. She couldn't tell what color though, Grey? White? Blue? He had rough skin that looked scarred under his eyes, around his mouth and on his neck. He was wearing a baggy shirt. He looked really skinny, she could see his collar bone peaking out of his shirt.

She has never seen him before. Like he didn't leave his apartment, at least not often. Or when Kira was home.

His face would be known before too long?

He was planning on something and Kira wanted to know what.

°.•.°•.°•.°

Kira yawned and sat up from her bed. She did everything as usual, pulled on her stockings and shoes and finely pressed skirt. Buttoned up her shirt and pulled on her sweater vest. She pinned back her hair as she had done for the past week.

She eyed her makeup with a pout. Unable to wear it. She enjoyed putting it on, now she couldn't even cover her eye bags. Not that she normally did. But it was the principle of the matter.

She went to grab her bag beside her couch.

"Today is the day... Finally..."

She tilted her head. Listening to the thoughts of her neighbor.

"T̸o̵d̵a̵y̶ ̷i̷s̶ ̵t̷h̶e̷ ̷d̶a̵y̶ ̷ ̴k̸i̸l̶l̶ ̴t̶h̵e̴ ̷n̴u̴m̵b̴e̷r̶ ̸o̵n̷e̸ ̴h̷e̴r̶o̷."

The thoughts were sick. Something about them seemed completely corrupt. She covered her ears with her hands. It felt like her brain had been filled with tar.

The thought was so disgusting. So full of evil and Malice that it actually affected Kira. Kira could sense emotions, even feel them if they were strong enough.

But this... This was horrible. This was evil. It felt static and glitchy the thoughts were raspy like a smoker's voice.

'Kill the number one hero?'
Kira thought, covering her mouth.

Her uncle.