51: 𝐺𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑒𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒

"Sorry about picking a different group!" Mina said, sitting down at their table a few minutes late. "But I promised Hagakure!"

"It's fine!" Kirishima said with a small smile. "Do you guys know who you're doing?"

"Well we're thinking either Mirko or Ryuku! What about you guys? Wait! What are your groups? There's four of you." She said looking around in confusion.

"Me, Sero and Denki are probably doing Hawks. But Denki is still trying to get us to do Thunderstruck." Jirou said with a shrug.

"He's totally awesome!!!" Denki groaned. "No one cares what I think."

"And what about you Kiri?" Mina asked, propping her head down her hand. "What's your group doing?"

"Well... We haven't really talked about it yet..." He said honestly, glancing behind Mina to Bakugou and Kira's table. They seemed to be having a heated discussion that he didn't want to interrupt.

"Why not? Who's in your group anyways?"
She asked with a curious smile.

"Well..." Kirishima said, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Kirishima is partnered with Bakugou and Kira." Jirou said. "He's all freaked out over it though." She rolled her eyes. "God I should have jumped on it. Sure Bakugou would be there... But it'd be a cool chance to get to know Kokoa."

"Oooh." Mina leaned back and looked him over. "I thought you liked them. You know, benefit of the doubt and all that."

"Yeah! Yeah it's just... I don't know if it'll be awkward or not. I mean we haven't even picked a topic." He said with a small smile. "It's probably just me being dramatic."
"Come on bro, this is your chance to make it up to Bakugou. To figure out if Midoriya is really what he seems or not."

"I think it's good." Mina decided with a smile.

"You do?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah!" She pointed at him with her chopsticks. "You can figure out if they're dating or not for me!" Mina smiled. "Plus it's just until the project is over."

"Oh yeah." Kirishima mumbled. "I guess so."
He pushed his food around, looking back at his group members. Whatever they were discussing was probably almost done. Bakugou rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest as Kira was clearly talking. He listened, then nodded along. If this was a disagreement, she was winning.

Then Bakugou glanced behind Kira, towards him. Only to make immediate eye contact. Both boys stared in shock and then glanced away. Kirishima rubbed his neck, embarrassed that he had been caught staring at them.

He didn't look back over there until he saw someone walking his way. It was Kira, she stopped and leaned against the table across from him. Standing in between Denki and Jirou. "Hey Kirishima!" She said with a friendly smile. It was hard for him to believe this was the same girl that punched another student just a little less than week ago.

"So me and Bakugou were thinking about doing the project on Crimson Riot, is that okay?" Kira asked, knowing full well that Crimson Riot was Kirishima's all time favorite pro hero. She wanted to keep him engaged in the project and comfortable.
"You're a fan right? I figured it would be a good choice since you already know a lot about him. Plus everyone else in class is probably going to be sticking to the current top ten."

"Yes!" Kirishima said with a big smile. "That's totally manly! I'd love to do Crimson Riot!" He said, the boy had stars in his eyes. He looked so excited and suddenly any reservations he had melted away.

This was gonna be awesome.

"Great!" Kira pulled out her phone. "I was thinking we could meet at my place later today. Bakugou has plans right after school so it'll probably be a little later."

"Alright that's cool!" Kirishima said.

"What's your number? I'll send over my address." Kira said, pulling up her contacts.

"Cool you sure your parents won't mind?" Kirishima asked. Kira raised a brow and Jirou hit him over the head with her aux cord from across the table.

"You moron!" Jirou said and Kirishima covered his mouth.

"Oh shit- I'm sorry!" He said immediately. Remembering that Kira was an orphan. Or at least that's what Midoriya had told them.

"It's fine." Kira laughed. "Don't worry, my guardian won't even be there." She said, waving it off.

"Oh okay... Cool." Kirishima said, his face red from embarrassment. "Sorry."

"No worries. See you later?" She asked. He nodded and Kokoa smiled at him. Waving bye as she walked back to her table.

"Wait so what's the problem?" Mina whispered. "What's wrong with her parents?" Mina hadn't been there when Midoriya had mentioned it, neither had Sero or Denki who were equally as confused.

"Kira's an orphan!" Jirou whispered, leaning closer to the group. So that they could hear her talking quietly.

"I'm such an idiot." Kirishima said, slapping his forehead. "I forgot."

"What?! How! I need more details!" Mina whispered"

"I don't know any more than that! That's all Midoriya said." Jirou shrugged.

"Midoriya told you?!" Sero asked, wrinkling up his nose. "Why?"

"He was talking about how it would be easy for someone to bully her or whatever. When he was telling us he thought Bakugou was abusing her and shit." Jirou said. "It was totally unnecessary though."

Kirishima nodded and glanced over at Kira and Bakugou. "Yeah... A lot of what he said that day was unnecessary."