35: 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝐵𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠

"Can we promise never to speak of this?" Naomosa asked Kira as they walked out of a hospital in Hosu.

The two had been patrolling in the area when they stopped for lunch. After grabbing something to eat and walking back in the car Naomasa somehow managed to shut the car door on his own hand.

He now had two broken fingers on his dominant right hand.

"My lips are sealed." Kira said, opening the car door for him. "Watch your hands."

He put his hands up to show they were out of the way, then Kira slammed the door.

"You don't have to open and close EVERY door for me you know." He sighed and put his hands on the wheel. His two bad fingers were in metal splints that stuck right up.

"Actually I do, can't have you breaking the fingers on you other hand can we?" Kira said, getting in on the other side of the car.

Kira yawned as they drove through the streets. It was getting progressively darker and it looked like they wouldn't get back to the station until late.

Kira squinted at the buildings. Right above a far one she could see a cloud of smoke billowing up. It was probably several blocks away, it wasn't coming from the building. But rather behind it. "What's that?" Kira mumbled, gesturing over. Naomosa had already seen it though.

"I'm not sure." He grabbed a radio and right as he touched it the thing went off with another voice.

"All combat specialists are needed in Hosu immediately. Pros and armed officers. Along with paramedics and firefighters, there have been two reported sightings of genetically modified creatures known as Nomu. I repeat, Pros, armed officers, paramedics and firefighters are needed immediately."

Kira and Naomosa looked at each other, both with eyes wide in fear.

"Shit what do I do? I'm not at all a combat specialist and I have Kokoa with me. But I can't just drive away from something like this. They might need help directing people away and taking them to safety, but still I can't just bring my intern. I'm responsible for her safety above all else, I can't just take her into combat."

"Why not?!" Kira groaned.

"We might not even be able to get close Kokoa! You know how dangerous those things are. The one from the USJ was the size of a car! It could pick something like this cruiser up and toss it if it wanted too. It's too dangerous." He said running a hand through his hair. "Plus neither of us have quirks that could be used against them!"
He punched his steering wheel and then flinched and cracked his hurt hand.
"Damn it!" He said.

Kira shut up, she could tell he wanted to be out there just as much as she did.

"Officers unable to perform in combat are advised to remain a safe distance from the center of the city until called in." The radio crackled again.

Naomosa sighed and grabbed it. "Copy that."

"Fucking bullshit." Kira grumbled, Crossing her arms. "So we're supposed to just do nothing?" She asked.

"If we can't fight we could become casualties." He said, reasoning with himself just as much as Kira.

Then her phone dinged. She rolled her eyes and checked it. "What the fuck?" She mumbled. Clicking on the message.

It was a location sent from the group chat. Midoriya's location was sent from Hosu, just a few minutes away from where she was. Just a few minutes from where the attacks were.

"Someone in my class just shared their location..." She whispered when hearing her mentors confused thoughts. "It's ten minutes away. In Hosu."

"Shit."
He whispered. Naomosa put the car in gear.
"Where?"