27: 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛

A/N: Double update cus I'm bored

Midoriya smiled and waved goodbye to Toru, Tsu and Ojiro before shutting the door behind them. The whole class had shown up to his party. All but Bakugou and Kira of course, but he had made sure of that. He had also cried at a key point during the gathering and said how grateful he was to have so many friends.

They ate it up.

Most had left already but he had made sure to get a picture with all of them. He looked down at his phone.

"Hey bro! Send me that picture."
Kirishima said with a smile. Him and several others were still there. Along with Midoriya's own usual group except Todoroki. Who had a curfew. And Iida who had dropped in for only thirty minutes.

He was still upset about his brother.

"Of course!" Midoriya smiled his normal innocent smile. Just as planned, now Bakugou would know that they had been hanging out without him and his little whore. He'd realize just how outcast he was.

Of course Midoriya would have loved to have even his best friend here and not him, that would have been rich. But unfortunately he knew if Kira had caught wind of it she either would have brought Bakugou or just not come at all.

What a bitch.

He smiled and sent the photo over to the group chat. He wished he would be able to see Bakugou. See the look on his face as he tried to hide his sadness. He'd bite the inside of his cheek and look away. Then glare at everyone and everything. But there was always a glossy sadness in his eyes a soft longing.

Midoriya wanted to see that look on his face. Midoriya wanted him to feel dejected and sad. He wanted him to feel completely alone and hopeless.

Then he wanted him to come crawling on his knees. Begging his forgiveness for everything he's ever done that hurt him. Begging for his friendship back because he had no one left in the world but him.

Then Midoriya would be his only friend, his only companion. The only one who would give him a chance and Kacchan would be his forever.

Midoriya smiled thinking about it and or a single blissful moment everything was perfect.

Then he got a notification, he checked his phone. Expecting to see a classmate liking the picture he sent. Or maybe responding with a pleasant "thanks" or maybe laughing about a funny face one of then were making.

But no. No it was another photo sent in response. Of Bakugou and that bitch Kokoa.
They looked like they were at some sort of concert, Kira was taking the picture and Bakugou was flipping the camera off.

They were at some sort of concert. With lights and a crowd around them.
"Are they on a date?" Midoriya thought, mouth parting slightly. "No no no no. He's mine, I wish that whore would just keep her hands off of him."

He stared at the picture of Bakugou. He looked different. His eyes...

"Dude is Bakugou wearing eyeliner?!"
Sero asked from behind Midoriya. Midoriya turned to see Sero showing his friends the picture.

"Yep, and he's low-key slaying." Ashido said, grabbing the phone.

"I swear Bakugou and Kira are a bisexual wet dream." Denki mumbled.

"Yeah you would know wouldn't you?"
Mina said, shoving him away.

"Hey why aren't they here anyways?" Kirishima asked, looking up at Midoriya.

Kirishima was a major threat to Midoriya's plan of isolating Bakugou. Not as big as Kira, but Midoriya could tell Kirishima was always on the edge of Being his friend.

"O-oh well... You see Kacchan blocked my number when we were in middle school. I-it's a long story. A-and I don't have Kira's. And since I wanted to invite everyone privately it... Didn't work out." Midoriya said shyly. He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it Deku! It looks like they had plans anyways!" Uraraka put her hand on his as he sat back down beside her.

Why was she always touching him? She was really clingy, especially to him. Midoriya didn't really like it but he couldn't be mean to her. She was one of his biggest fans.

"Yeah I guess..." He said, making sure he sounded distant and forlorn. "I just wish... Things would go back to the way they were when we were young. You know?"

"Yeah I get that bud." Sero said with a small smile. "But hey! You have us right? Forget about Bakugou, he's an ass anyways."

"Yeah I guess you're right." Midoriya chuckled a little bit. "Kacchan isn't that much fun at parties anyways. Ever since we were young he always tried to steal the attention during my birthday parties..."

"Awh! That's so mean." Mina said with a pout. She puffed out her cheeks.

"N-no! Not Really!" Midoriya said with a nervous laugh. It was hard, he had to convince them all Bakugou was horrible. While also innocently acting like he still wanted to be his friend. That way when him and Bakugou did inevitably become friends again they wouldn't question it too much. Other than asking why he put up with Bakugou.

No matter what he would always seem like the better one. Always the saint.

"I just don't think he gets enough attention at home. That's all, his dad's always working and his mom does nothing but criticize him. I feel kinda bad for him really..."
Midoriya also wanted to share the most embarrassing details about Bakugou's private life with them. Just for fun.

"Wow, really?"
Kirishima asked with a small empathetic frown.

"Shit maybe I shouldn't have said that. I forget how understanding Kirishima is."

"That doesn't excuse his attitude though!"
Mina crossed his arms. "There are better ways to get attention than screaming like a toddler all of the time."

"Thanks Mina."

"Sounds like dude needs therapy." Jirou said, staring at her phone.

"Well it hasn't really been working-" Midoriya comically smacked his mouth with wide eyes. "Oh no I shouldn't have said that! P-p-please just ignore me!"

"Wait Bakugou goes to therapy?" Uraraka asked, mouth agape.

"N-no! Oh please don't tell him I said that! He'd kill me! I'm such a horrible friend."
Midoriya covered his eyes with his palms.
"Now he'll never like me." He whimpered dramatically and covered his head.

"Calm down bro it's cool!" Kirishima put a hand on Midoriya's shoulder. "We won't tell him." He gave Midoriya a kind smile.

"Thanks Kirishima." Midoriya smiled back.

"But erm... I think you should try keeping stuff like that to yourself. You know?" Kirishima said, retracting his hand. "I don't think it's really any of our business."

"O-oh..." Midoriya Whispered staring at Kirishima for a moment. "Yes I'm sorry! You're right Kirishima!" He said, trying to look sorrowful and upset. "What an asshole."

"I mean wouldn't him going to therapy mean he's trying to improve himself? That's better than not doing anything right?" Kirishima asked, looking around.

"Yeah I guess... Unless someone is making him." Mina mumbled, suddenly very interested in her fingernails.

"I just kinda think there's a little more to him than meets the eye you know?" He continued. He glanced over at Midoriya, who he expected to be the first person to back him up.

But he noticed for just a moment, the weirdest look on Midoriya's face. He almost looked... Mad at Kirishima was saying this. But then suddenly he smiled.

"Yeah maybe! I really do hope so. Maybe deep deep down Kacchan is a good person! I mean that's what I've thought for years. Even though he bullied me a lot And several other kids." He said with a calm smile. Casually bringing up how he treated his peers in middle school as though they needed the reminder.

"...right." Kirishima said, giving him a quizzical look. "Maybe he is."

A/N:
My boy Kirishima is starting to notice that something is up... He's catching
on👀