10: "𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑟𝑘𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠"

Kira sat with her legs crossed in the UA principal's office. The USJ attack was yesterday, she had narrowly been expelled from Princeton. If it weren't for a phone call from Nezu excusing her absence.

She didn't realize how much pull Nezu had with... Well everyone. It was insane how many people listened to this rat man without a second thought.

He was everything she aspired to be.

Today was Saturday, which unfortunately didn't mean a free day to do whatever she wanted. It meant she had to come back into UA and convince them that she was not in fact affiliated with the terrorist group that called themselves "the league of villains."

Which was a pretty L name if you asked her.

She crossed her arms as she sat in a chair across from Nezu's desk. He went to go meet someone, a man leading up the USJ case. She chewed on her thumbnail anxiously. How was she supposed to explain herself? She had a few options:

Tell them that she had overheard her neighbor. Maybe on the phone or something.

That was probably her best option, but then she'd have to make up details that could possibly sabotage the case. Making her look suspicious and messing up the investigation.

She could tell them she had a gut feeling.

Wouldn't explain the accurate drawings or notes. Was extremely suspicious, far down on her list.

A prophetic dream? They would definitely test her for a quirk.

Telling the truth? Yeah no.

Not unless absolutely necessary. She'd have to be backed into a corner, with threat of death. Or less dramatically jail.

She subtly touched the small of her back. The image graven into her skin burning into her spine. She didn't want to go back. She couldn't. I'd she was to share her secret she would have to know, without a doubt. She could trust them.

She heard the door open and a single stream of thoughts entered the room. Along with two sets of footsteps. Nezu's dripping tea mind and a man with clear, circling thoughts.

They stood in front of her. Nezu smiled pleasantly and the man bowed. "So this is the kid that knew about the attack. Highschool age, probably fifteen. Her file says she's going to Princeton. Must be intelligent because you have to have exceptional grades to even get in. Not to mention a notable family. She's quirkless. Not that tough looking but she seems to have a very... Calculative demeanor. She's studying me like I'm studying her. She's smart."

"Hello, my name is Detective Naomasa. I'm heading up the USJ and league of villains case. I'm just here to ask you a few questions about what you know." He said with a friendly smile. "And how you know it."
He added mentally.

"Alright."
She slumped in her chair and pointed her fingers at him. In the shape of a gun. "Shoot." She said.

"Can't let on that we suspect her. Though she's probably already guessed it. She seems at ease but... There is a tenseness to her movements. But being questioned would make even an innocent person nervous."

His mind never stopped assessing. He read into everything. He noted the available exits, the possible weapons. He calculated how she could use a pencil to attack and how long it would take for him to die depending on how she did it.

"But I really don't think she's connected to the case." He thought honestly. Taking his seat beside Nezu. "It just wouldn't make sense. If she was affiliated with the league she wouldn't frantically tell Nezu what was going down. And the notes... It didn't even seem like she KNEW what was going on. Just very small details."

"Alright let's see- oh you don't mind this being recorded do you?" He asked.

Her eyes flicked to the device he pulled from his pocket and set on the table.

'If I say yes I'm putting myself at risk. I'm not saying shit about my quirk with that device on. But if I say no...'

"Sure, go for it." Kira shrugged.

"She hesitated."
The detective thought, his suspicious rose.
"But if she lies... I'll know. So it doesn't matter."

She waited for him to ask her something. Obviously he was very sure of his skills.

"Alright let's start with something simple. Getting to know you, What's your name?"
He asked, leaning back. He was at ease. This is what he did, he liked it. He was comfortable here.

"Kira Kokoa." She answered honestly.

"Alright, how old are you? And what school do you attend." He asked. He knew the answers to all of this having read any information he could find on her. But this was mainly for the purpose of the recording.

"I'm fifteen and I'm a first year at Princeton girl's school." She said, just as at ease as he was.

"Alright, do you like it there?" He asked, Kira raised an eyebrow but could tell by his thoughts that he was trying to make this more like a casual, personal conversation. He wanted to get to know HER so he could understand her better.

She decided to be honest as often as possible, so when she lied he wouldn't be able to tell as easily. "Not really, it's stupidly strict."

"Alright she's blunt and honest. Doesn't seem to lie over stupid stuff to spare feelings or keep up appearances. Doesn't care for manners, that's why she doesn't like her school. She doesn't fit in there." He chuckled a little. "I'm sorry to hear that."

She shrugged. "Eh, what can you do." She said blowing her hair from infront of her eyes.

"Alright, and erm... what's your quirk?"
He asked, glancing down at his paper. She knew what his paper said, so she lied with her normal ease.

"Oh I'm quirkless." She said with a frown.

Then she heard it, a sharp, sudden "beep" go off. Like a kitchen timer. It was so sharp and clear, she almost jumped when she heard it.
But it didn't come from the real world. It came from his head.

"She's lying."