57: 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦...

A/N: Almost to chapter 60... You know what that means

"I'd say it went quite well." Kira said to Bakugou. The weekend had passed along with the dinner. The rest had been uneventful really, they just sat around and talked. Kira and Bakugou stayed with the adults the entire time. Then Kira helped his dad afterwards with dishes.

His parents already loved her and she totally loved them. They were totally sweet, even though his mom was a little rough around the edges. She just reminded her of Katsuki.

And his dad. With his brown hair and glasses, he actually reminded Kira a lot of her own mother. Kind and quiet, always trying to keep the peace and extremely understanding. Him and his wife were perfect opposites.

"Yeah whatever. I just wish it never even happened." Bakugou said, shaking his head. They were in her room, Kirishima had just left about five minutes ago. Their project was now officially completed and ready to be turned in.

They had mentioned the dinner to the boy, who thought it was a bummer that Katsuki even had to hang out with Midoriya at all. He was also mildly jealous that he hadn't been invited. But he understood that Kira was way closer to Bakugou than he was.

"Katsuki... maybe you should try actually talking to your parents about it. Tell them the truth." She said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

God... She was such a hypocrite.

He shrugged her off. "My mom loves Izuku. He's practically her second son. She helped raise him after his dad dipped." Bakugou shook his head. "Even if she did know. I don't even know if she'd take my side."

"Katsuki." Kira said, grabbing the side of his face. "Look at me." She said, he rolled his eyes and looked.

"What?" He he complained with an eyeroll.

"Your parents love you alright? I know they're hard on you sometimes but it's because they care. They want the best for you we... We all do." She said softly

"Yeah I know." He groaned. Rubbing his eyes. "But she thinks he's so much better than me. You too. She's surprised that I have a friend like you."

"Wait did she say... We all?"

Kira looked at him, trying to find something to say. She bit her lip, she knew that Katsuki's mother compared him to Izuku a lot. But Kira couldn't help but... Feel sorry for them all.

She couldn't imagine what it would be like to not see what's inside a person. While she hated her quirk sometimes, she had to admit. It was quite useful.

Without it, she wouldn't have known Bakugou was anything but angry. She didn't know if she would have ever actually sat next to him that day without her quirk.

She would have fallen for all of Midoriya's lies without it.

She wouldn't have known how real Kirishima's kindness was. Or how much he admired Bakugou.

She wouldn't have gotten into UA or met detective Naomosa.

She wouldn't have ever met Aizawa. Even though the situation was horrible, she gained a lifelong friend and mentor.

"I'm not any better than you Katsuki." Kira whispered.

Bakugou stared at her for a moment. His mind completely forgot about their conversation and his mother.

"Yeah... Right."

They were close, Kira still had her hand on the side of his head. Making him look at her. She wasn't significantly shorter than him, she came up about to his nose. But when they were this close, he did have to turn his head down to look at her.