55: 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑝𝑒𝑠

Izuku and his mother made their way to the big Bakugou house, cake box in hand

Oh how he loved this house. It was right down the street from his own apartment complex, so close he could actually see it when it was a clear day. He would occasionally stare out the window towards it to watch Kacchan as he trained in the backyard. But all he could ever really see were some explosions.

He wished he had some binoculars to see better, but he wasn't sure if he was ready for that level of creepy. Midoriya didn't want to be a "stalker" or a "creep" of any kind. He just... Enjoyed watching Kacchan. That's all.

He had a wide and very real cheery smile on his face. For the first time in MONTHS he finally could get some alone time with his Kacchan. Maybe his parents would even make them go up to his room together.

Deku liked Kacchans room. It smelled like him, had all of his things. Had him. Midoriya liked sitting on Bakugou's bed, knowing that was where Kacchan slept. He felt like he belonged there.

He reached forward and knocked on the door. With a content sigh. Finally, just them. Kira wouldn't be able to be... Herself. Because Kira wasn't here to get in his way! She wasn't here to stop Deku from playing with Kacchan she-

"Hey Izuku!" The door opened and Izuku felt like he was about to have an actual heart attack.

Kira had been the one to answer it. Not Mrs or Mr Bakugou, not Kacchan. But KIRA. Kira Kokoa. What the hell was she doing here?! Light the flip of a switch his mind went from sunshine and rainbows to a downpour and a thunderstorm.

"Come on in." Kira said, stepping aside to let them in. "You must be Izukus mom!" She smiled at Mrs Inko. "I'm Kira Kokoa, a classmate of Katsuki and Izuku!" She put her hand out. "Katsuki invited me, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh no of course not!" Midoriya's sweet mother said. There was nothing fake about this woman, Kira could tell. She was dripping with kindness. "It's lovely to meet you sweetheart! You know... I think I recognize you from the sports festival."

"Oh really? That's surprising. I didn't make it far, unlike your son." Kira said with a smile nodding at Izuku. Who hadn't moved. "And of course we all know how well Katsuki did." The two laughed a little and Mrs Midoriya gave Kira a small pat on her cheek.

Izuku stared at her, mouth open. Eyes wide. His body had gone into shock.

Kira was here... Not only that... She was cutting up with his MOTHER?! Kira, the girl who hated him. The girl that was ruining his life was standing there, sweet as can be. Smiling and laughing with his mom like it was NOTHING.

"Hi Izuku? You coming in?" She asked, Inko turned a corner to go find Mrs Bakugou. Leaving them alone.

"How... How are you here?" Midoriya squeaked out. Eyes wide, he hadn't yet Even thought to cover up his shock.

Kira tilted her head innocently. Everything about her was more innocent than usual. She had a cute black dress on, sandals and slightly less makeup than usual. She didn't have a Completely different style. But it was slightly more... Girly. "Katsuki invited me?"
She said.

"What's she doing... Why does she look like this?! What's her angle?! WHY IS SHE HERE?!? I DON'T WANT HER HERE!!! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST ME AND... Kacchan."

"Don't call him that." Midoriya said, narrowing his eyes. We was now out of his funk.

"What? Katsuki?" She put her hand to her chin. "Well it's just easier around his family you know? But I guess I could call him something different... Maybe Kacchan, like you do-"

Midoriya stomped past her, he'd heard enough of her shit. He didn't know why she was acting all... Sweet. But he definitely didn't like it.

"H-huh Mrs and Mr Bakugou!" He said with a bow as he entered the dining room. He held up the box in his hands.

"Oh hello sweetie!" Mrs Bakugou hugged him. "It's been too long- oh, have you bulked up? I remember when you were this tall!" She put her hand flat below her knees.
"And now look at you!"

Midoriya blushed and handed her the box.
"T-thank you ma'am. W-we brought cake."
"Beat that Kira."

"Oh you shouldn't have! I told you two you didn't need to bring anything! Me and Kira already baked a spiced Ginger cake!" Mrs Bakugou said, putting a hand and Kira's shoulder. "You've met Kira right Inko?"

"Yes ma'am I introduced myself." Kira said, smiling at Katsuki's mom.

"GINGER CAKE?!?! AS IN KACCHAN'S FAVORITE DESSERT?! But it's so obscure... I thought for sure they would never serve it. Damn it, damn it, damn it!!!" Midoriya thought in shock. "Oh." He said lowering his store bought cake.

"Hey is that red velvet?" Bakugou's dad asked, trying to keep the boys spirits up. "How'd you know it was my favorite?" The kinda man asked. Midoriya genuinely perked up.

Dispite his faults, he did genuinely like Bakugou's family. Or at least he was fond of them, they had been like second parents to him.

But Kira didn't really give a shit, and was set on becoming their new favorite friend of Katsuki's.

"Oh is that the recipe that you made at the Christmas party?" Inko asked. "You have to get me the recipe."

"Oh Inko I don't know..." Mrs Bakugou teased. "It is an old family secret~"

"SHE SHARED A FAMILY SECRET WITH KIRA?!?!"

Kira almost giggled at Midoriya's enraged thoughts. But didn't, she just smiled and chatted.

"Oh where is he- KATSUKI!!!!" His mom yelled. "THE GUESTS ARE HERE!!!!" She shook her head. "Oh he's so rude sometimes."

"Sorry ma'am! I asked him to grab something I had left in his room for me." Kira said with a nervous smile. One that looked suspiciously like Deku's own fake expressions.

"SHE'S COPYING ME!!!!" Izuku realized, jaw dropping.

"Oh it's alright honey." Mrs Bakugou said, patting her shoulder. "Oh what a dear!!! And Bakugou is fetching something for her? Oh I just know he likes her. Oh I can see it now! The wedding! The kids!"

Kira looked away, cheeks red. Sure Mrs Bakugou knew her and Katsuki were only friends, but that didn't stop her from imagining them together.

"IM COMING DAMN IT." Bakugou stomped down the stairs. He had a black button up shirt, meaning him and Kira had accidentally matched outfits. It really had been pure coincidence. But the look on Midoriya's face made Kira so happy about the accident.

"THEY'RE MATCHING?!?! ARE THEY DATING? NO WAY, I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST FRIENDS!! Calm down it's just a color... It's probably not even on purpose."

"Mrs Midoriya." Katsuki bowed his head.
"...Deku." He greeted after a moment's hesitation. With a simple nod in his general direction.

To Izuku's utter dismay he stopped to stand beside Kira and practically threw her phone at her. "Dumbass." He said to her under his breath.

Kira rolled her eyes and stuffed it in the pocket of her dress. She had purposely left it up there though, asking him to grab it the moment Izuku's thoughts came close. All so she was the one to open the door.

Kira wanted it to be clear from the very beginning.

That he was not going to get away with anything tonight.