76: 𝐹𝑎𝑖𝑙

"Nuh uh. I'm not going." Bakugou said stubbornly. Crossing his arms.

"Come on. Just walk over and sit down with me." Kira said, tugging his arm. "They won't mind! Besides Denki needs a pep talk before the math exam starts."

"Then you go." Bakugou said. "They're not comfortable around me and I'm not comfortable around them! It's not gonna work out."

"You talked to them once, Katsuki." Kira rolled her eyes. "And nothing bad happened."

"So?" Bakugou asked with a frown. "Nothing good happened either."

"Sure it did. Listen remember my quirk? I'm a MIND-READER." Kira pointed at her head. "I know how they feel. And they're totally warming up to you."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Bakugou questioned.

"And why would I do that?" Kira raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Girls are weird." Katsuki said, looking away.

"Listen." Kira said, her voice was lower than before. "I know you don't like this. I know it's hard for you. But they're good people alright? They don't mean any harm whatsoever. You can trust them and if you don't wanna do that then trust me. Okay? Plus we're just sitting down at their table. It's not a proposal of marriage. If you wanna leave just think it and I'll come up with an excuse okay?"

"I just..." Bakugou sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He gave up and whatever he was trying to say and sighed again.
"You promise?" He asked.

"Of course. Now come on." Kira said, grabbing his sleeve and pulling him into the cafeteria.

Instead of going to their usual lonely table, after grabbing food Kira confidently walked up to Kirishima's table. The boy smiled and waved at them happily. "Hey guys! Wanna sit with us?" He offered.

"Yeah thanks!" Kira said. She sat down next to Denki, who's static mind was a nice oasis in the mist of the thought filled cafeteria. Kira's headphones also provided a nice protection from the noise that only she could hear.

Bakugou sat in-between her and Kirishima, his body was stiff and he kept his head down. Eating his food.

But Kirishima couldn't let Bakugou keep to himself, and eventually roped him into conversation. It hadn't taken Kirishima long at all to realize that socialization wasn't one of Bakugou's strong suits. Then he heard about his past with Midoriya and things made sense.

Dude spent all of middle school being shunned from his peers. Of course he wasn't the best at conversation.

The guy was awkward. Not crazy.

Kira chatted with everyone and Bakugou couldn't help but envy her. She hadn't had friends in middle school either, but she could talk to people like it was nothing.

But it was because of that they were friends, so who was he to complain?

"I wonder if he's gonna finish that?" Sero wondered, sitting across from Kira. He eyes Kirishima's half eaten dessert.

Kirishima was not gonna eat it. He had already thought about how full he was earlier. But he didn't want to ask if anyone wanted it.

Kira pushed Kirishima's plate over to Sero without a second thought and continued conversation.

"Wha-" Sero mumbled nad Kira looked over.

"Oh, he's done. He was going to offer but decided not too." Kira shrugged and looked back. Sero didn't question her, and just dug in.

"So Kira... My lovely mindreader~"

"Mina. I'm not telling you what the practical exam is. Aizawa made me swear it." Kira interrupted Mina before she could even ask out loud.

"Oh come onn." Mina whined. "You know!"
"Why can't I???"

"Actually I don't. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing, only Nezu does." Kira admitted. They were really trying to keep it quiet.

Sure Kira knew she'd be teamed up to fight a teacher. But she didn't know who her teammate would be and which teacher. Only Nezu knew that, he wrote it down and put it in a sealed envelope for Aizawa to read when the time came.

He really was extravagant.

Though Kira would probably be able to figure out who she'd be paired with if she tried hard enough. Listening to who everyone would be fighting and finding the one person that didn't have a match yet. But she didn't care that much.

"So it's different per person?" Sero asked. Chocolate cake around his mouth.

"You could say that. Same general concept though." Kira said. While she wouldn't say it, Aizawa never said she couldn't hint at it. Or give little clues.

"So we're taking it alone? Or in groups?! Come on Kiraaa." Mina shook Kira. "I am so gonna fail aren't I?"

"I don't know." Kira shrugged. "I'm sure you'll do fine."

"It's just robots right? That's what some upper class men told Kendo. Who told Midoriya." Denki said with a frown.

"Well it's not that. At least not for us." Kira shrugged. "Sorry."

"Did she lie?" Mina asked with a frown.

"Probably not. She's not the type." Kira shook her head.

"Can you tell me?" Bakugou asked mentally, looking over at her.

Kira shook her head. "I'm sorry but Aizawa said if he found out I said anything he'd fail me. He was serious too. My hands are tied."
She told her friend with regret.

She really did wish she could tell him what he was about to face. And she knew he might be upset at her. But she didn't want to be left out of the summer camp or fail.

She could do it subtly, but if Aizawa caught anything off about Bakugou's reaction it would be obvious.

Bakugou had to fight With Midoriya, his rival.

Against Kira's own uncle.

A/N: Kira Art timeeeee

By killingmslf Thank youuu

By killingmslf
Thank youuu