56: 𝑁𝑜 𝑏𝑖𝑔 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙

Midoriya had been practically banished to the end of the table. Kira and Bakugou sat on one side with Bakugou's parents sitting on the other. Leaving Each Midoriya to take up the smaller ends of the table.

Izuku shoved around his food. Glaring at the girl beside him anytime he could get away with it. Not only was he not on the same side as Kacchan. He also was stuck next to Kira. Who was shoving her face. Not that anyone else seemed to care.

"She's Katsuki's friend, we should try and get to know her more..."

"So um Kokoa..." Mr Bakugou said, turning away from his conversation with Inko and his wife. Kira looked over with a smile.
"What do your parents do?"

Katsuki coughed and frantically shook his head at his father. Who had no idea what his son was doing.

"Oh um." Kira smiled nervously. "My parents died in a car accident a few years ago." She said with regret. Like usual, in situations like this. Mr Bakugou immediately felt an extreme amount of guilt for bring up the subject.

"Who cares." Izuku thought, poking around his rice.

"Oh honey I'm so sorry!" Mrs Bakugou said, kicking her husband under the table.

Mr Bakugou grimaced.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"No it's alright." Kira said with a smile. "I understand, you didn't know."

"Mom knew but I guess Dad didn't - fuck I probably should have said something. Is she upset- should I do something?"
Katsuki asked, frantically glancing over at Kira. Who seemed fine.

"To answer your question though, my dad was a paramedic and my mother stayed at home." Kira answered.

"A paramedic? She's never mentioned that before." Katsuki thought with a frown.

"That is a very noble profession. Who do you live with now?" Mrs Bakugou asked, putting her hand on Kira's from across the table.

"No one."
Both Izuku and Katsuki thought in perfect unison. Kira as always, ignored them both.

"My guardian is my uncle. My mother's brother, he's a pro hero." Kira said with a smile that looked proud. She really wasn't, but she was fine with acting.

"Oh? Anyone we know?" Mrs Inko asked, tilting her head.

Izuku rolled his eyes subtly.
"Like she'd actually say-"

"I don't know... Have you heard of All Might?" Kira said with a teasing grin.

"Wait seriously?" Bakugou's dad asked, raising his eyebrows. "Number one hero All might?! That's insane."

"Mhm, that's actually how I first met Izuku." Kira said honestly, giving him a smile.

"Oh so you've known Izuku longer than Katsuki?" Mrs Bakugou asked. "Oh good, so they are friends. I was a little worried that Katsuki lied to convince me to invite her."

"Yes ma'am. We only met once or twice before UA though." She said with a smile.

"She actually told them... I thought for sure they were trying to keep it secret... Did Kacchan know?! He's a big fan of All Mights.. at least he was. I wonder... I hope she didn't tell him about that whole dating thing."

"Sounds like you have a pretty impressive family tree." Mr Bakugou nodded at her. Then subtly caught his son's eye and raised his eyebrows with a smile.

Bakugou wasn't sure how to interpret the look, so he just glared and looked away.

"Full of impressive quirks." Mrs Bakugou added. Katsuki side eyed Kira, waiting for a reaction.

"Yes, unfortunately I don't take after that side of the family. Quirkwise at least." She said, taking a sip of her water.

"She looks chill but... I think she's getting nervous." Katsuki thought. He was frantically studying her. He knew for a fact she wasn't quirkless. He also knew that she knew that he knew. The one night he stayed with her she hadn't even denied it. She had just said. 'Not right now Katsuki.'

"Oh what's your-"

"She's quirkless!" Izuku suddenly burst out.
"Oh crap that just slipped out... Like actually... His mom just seemed so impressed by her family and her... Oh God."

"Oh really?" Mrs Midoriya asked. With a smile, she had plenty of experience with quirkless kids. Her son having been one of them, she immediately wanted to do all she could to make sure Kira knew no one at this table was concerned or judgemental about it.

God she was a nice lady, how did she give birth to the literal spawn of Satan?!

"Deku!" Bakugou snapped, hitting the table.
Anger flaring up, he had no place speaking for her. "What the fuck?!"

"S-sorry I didn't mean to!" Izuku said, ducking down in his seat. "Hehe, Kacchan is mad~"

"KATSUKI BAKUGOU!!" Mrs Bakugou snapped with a look of anger. "If he was any closer I'd smack him for that. Poor Izuku, he looked so scared."

"It's fine Katsuki." Kira said, pushing down on his shoulder to make him sit. "All it means is that I'm slightly behind the general population." She said casually, waving her hand. "No big deal."

"Oh she is so NOT quirkless." Mrs Bakugou thought, smiling at her. "Getting into and staying in UA while quirkless is next to impossible. Though it's impressive she's stayed in the course this long without actually showing her quirk."

Bakugou got his looks and his intelligence from his mother. Just like her son, she didn't buy the lie for a second.

"I-I'm sorry Kira! R-really!" Izuku stammered. "I hope she yells at me, infront of everyone. I hope they hate her-"

"Oh it's fine!" She said with a kind smile. "I forgive you!"

"Y-you do?" He squeaked.

"Of course, after all! What kind of friend would I be if I didn't?" Kira asked, her eyes stared into Izuku's soul with fake kindness.

He nodded and smiled back, between the two smiles were four unspoken words.

"We are not friends."