36: 𝐵𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑁𝑒𝑤𝑠!

"Hello boys." The police chief, Kenji Tsuragamae entered the shared hospital room after with the boys mentors came in to greet them.
The police chief was tall and had the head of a canine.

The boys struggled to stand after they were told who he was. "You can stay seated, woof."

"Woof?!" Midoriya thought, he was still nervous in the man's presence.

"You must be the other U.A students involved with the stain incident. Right?"
He asked.

"Other' must mean he's already talked with Kokoa. I wonder what he had to say to her. I hope she's in trouble for using a firearm she didn't have a permit for. Maybe I should be a little more grateful though... She just makes it so hard." Midoriya thought, he nodded at the dog man.

"Yes." Todoroki said and Iida also nodded.
"Why is he speaking with us? Kira is the one that took him down."

"The hero killer is being treated for the gunshot wounds and burns under strict surveillance and guard." He stated. "As U.A students I'm sure you already know that since the development of quirks the law has been doing everything possible to stop them from freely being used as weapons."

The boys looked around at each other. Avoiding looking the man in the eye, they could tell were this was going.

"He came all this way to lecture us?!"

"Even using them against a murderer , for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their quirks without instruction from their guardians is an extreme violation of those laws."

The boys flinched.

"The three of you and the pros charged with watching over you this week should receive strict punishment." He stated, expression grim. At least as grim as it could look.

"Are you saying we should have obeyed the rules and let our friends die? And let native die?" Todoroki asked, standing up.

"Are you saying as long as it turned out alright it's okay to break rules?" The Canine man asked with a cool glare.

"Isn't it a hero's job to save people?!"
Todoroki continued.

"You aren't heroes yet. What has your school been teaching you if you think otherwise? It isn't your place, woof."

"You damn dog." Todoroki marched forward.

"He's right Todoroki!" Iida put out his hand but couldn't reach him.

"Just hear him out kid." Grand Torino said, stepping infront of Todoroki.

"At least that's what the official police stance on the matter is." The chief continued. "But there will be no punishment if this is not leaked in the media. As far as they'll know you three accidentally got caught up in a fight. That's all, then you were rescued by the police along with native."

"You could have lead with that." Todoroki mumbled, looking to the side and gritting his teeth. Embarrassed over his outburst.

Everyone else let out a breath, no punishment. That was good.

"W... What will you say?" Midoriya asked nervously, scratching his head. "To the public I mean?"

"Don't tell me..."

"We'll tell them what happened. Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi and his intern Kokoa Kira came on the scene after your cry for help. Kokoa shot down the hero killer and he was then arrested and taken to a prison intensive care unit." The chief stated.
"That's all."

"What?!" Midoriya squeaked. "B-but why are you telling them Kira helped and not us? We did more than she did-"

"Midoriya." Grand Torino snapped. Silencing him.

"It's not a matter of who did how much. It's true you all faught hard and I thank you for that, you each sustained many injuries." He nodded at the boys. "But everything your classmate did was perfectly legal. She informed a licensed officer when she found there was trouble and didn't make a single move without his permission. And while his choices were questionable at best, she was given explicit permission and instruction on how to act."

"She didn't run away looking for a fight." Iida's mentor said somewhat sheepishly.

"Kira had previously been formally trained on how to operate a handgun and had minor experience when shooting. Where she proved herself to be an excellent marksman. There is nothing legally wrong with what she did and I have no reason to withhold that information from the public."
Kenji finished.
"And I don't want to cover up any more of this matter than necessary."

"I understand." Midoriya said meekly.
"God I hate her."

°.•.°•.°•.°

"Breaking news!"
A news caster read early that morning.
"The infamous Hero Killer stain has officially been put behind bars. Apparently he was found attacking pro hero "Native" and three U.A highschool boys in the western streets of Hosu."

"And you'll never guess who took down this horrible serial killer." His partner continued. "The official police report says that he was shot down by a police intern and hero course student: Kira Kokoa. Who you may remember from the sports festival for teaming up with the winner Bakugou Katsuki in the Calvary battle."

"Yes, the report states her and her mentor police, detective: Tsukauchi, Naomasa. Were together when she got a message from her fellow hero course student asking for help. Unfortunately her mentor has broken several fingers in his right hand and was unable to take the shot. He gave permission to the young girl to use his fire arm and she expertly shot him in the hands and knees. Preventing him from causing farther damage and injuring her friends."

"While Kokoa taking the shots at only sixteen is a very controversial topic at the moment I think we can safely say that Kokoa Kira is a hero. Right Karen?"

"I agree Craig. The streets of Japan are now much safer thanks to Kira Kokoa and officer Naomasa Tsukauchi."

"That's right, next up we'll be covering a video of stain speaking of his ideologies that has been going absolutely viral on social media...."

A/N: I guess you could say Deku is... Green with envy.

Hahahahahaha
(Get it? Cus his hair?)

Okay that's all, sorry.